COSHH Training – Online Training Course – Level 2 – CPD Accredited – Control of Substances Hazardous to Health – HSE Compliant.
Welcome to our online COSHH training course for all sectors. This Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations e-learning course was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meets the requirements set out by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Our online COSHH training courses are developed in line with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) regulations. Despite common misconceptions, hazardous substances can affect anyone within the workplace, not just those who handle them regularly. This COSHH course gives workers knowledge of the health risks surrounding work with hazardous substances, including how to undertake risk assessments and implement control measures required, and ensure that they understand how to work safely with hazardous substances.
COSHH Training Course – CPDUK Accredited E-Learning Course
Study method – Online, self-paced
Estimated duration (Indicative CPD hours) – 2 hours
Course format – Online (24/7 access)
Entry requirements – no prerequisites required
Assessment type – Complete end of course assessment (80% needed to pass and gain CPD certificate)
Certification/Qualification – Downloadable CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – Assessment and certification costs included in the course price
Course accreditation – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Course access – Part-time (1-year access)
Course delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones.
Who should take this COSHH online training course?
This online COSHH training course provides suitable training for all levels of employees who work or may come into contact with, hazardous substances in the workplace (across all sectors). The law requires that all employees must have the necessary knowledge to be competent and do their jobs safely. This includes, but is not limited to, people who work in professions such as:
- Healthcare and social care
- Catering and baking
- Beauty and hairdressing
- Vehicle repair and painting
- Offshore oil and gas.
Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this online COSHH training course are to give workers knowledge of the health risks surrounding work with hazardous substances, including how to undertake a COSHH assessment by identifying the risks and the control measures needed, and ensure that they understand how to work safely with hazardous substances.
On completion of this online COSHH online training course, the learner will:
- Know how to identify hazardous substances in the workplace,
- Understand the ill-health effects that hazardous substances can cause,
- Understand COSHH legal regulations, including the responsibilities of employers and employees,
- Know what to consider for a COSHH risk assessment, and
- Understand the importance of health surveillance for employees who work with hazardous substances.
What is covered in this online COSHH training course?
The COSHH e-learning course covers the following:
- An introduction to COSHH, including:
- What is a substance hazardous to health, and where do they exist?
- Common hazardous substances
- How substances result in ill-health
- Health and Safety Executive statistics and benefits of COSHH
- COSHH Legal Regulations including:
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- The CLP regulations
- ACoPs and guidance notes
- Enforcement of health and safety law
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Problems that result from hazardous substances
- Common health hazards
- The occupations most at risk
- COSHH routes of entry
- Common health problems including dermatitis, asthma
- What to do if you develop symptoms
- Reporting Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Identifying hazardous substances
- Requirements for chemical labelling
- Safety data sheets
- Safe use of flammable substances, liquids, dust and gases
- Asthma-causing substances
- Asbestos and lead
- COSHH risk assessment and control measures
- Identifying the COSHH hazards
- Deciding who might be harmed and how
- Evaluating the COSHH risks
- Substance substitution
- Principles of good control practice
- Hierarchy of control measures
- Work processes and equipment
- Personal protective equipment
- Safe systems of work
- The provision for emergencies and first aid
- Monitoring the assessment and health surveillance
- Recording findings
- Reviewing and updating the assessment
- Monitoring the assessment
- Health surveillance
- Workplace Exposure Limits (WELS).
Why is COSHH training important?
COSHH is a law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health. You can prevent or reduce workers exposure to hazardous substances by:
- Finding out what the health hazards are;
- Deciding how to prevent harm to health (risk assessment);
- Providing control measures to reduce damage to health;
- Making sure they are used ;
- Keeping all control measures in good working order;
- Providing information, instruction and training for employees and others;
- Providing monitoring and health surveillance in appropriate cases;
- Planning for emergencies.
Most businesses use substances or products that are mixtures of substances. Some processes create substances. These could cause harm to employees, contractors and other people.
Why do businesses need to comply with COSHH?
Under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002, regulation 12 states that:
‘…every employer who undertakes work which is liable to expose an employee to a substance hazardous to health shall provide that employee with suitable and sufficient information, instruction and training.’
Employees also have a legal responsibility to co-operate fully with their employer to enable them to meet their legal obligations.
By providing effective COSHH training, employers can help to ensure that everyone in the workplace is competent to carry out their work safely. Managers, supervisors and other members of staff should be able to recognise the hazards posed by their work, be able to take action to reduce or eliminate the risks and understand how to follow procedures.
How do I book for the online COSHH training course?
You can book for COSHH training course online. Just click ‘Buy Now’ in the top right-hand corner of this page to order the COSHH training course online. Follow the instructions to complete the order for your COSHH training course.
Once you complete your COSHH online order, you will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. You will also receive a separate email providing you with the link to the COSHH training course online and login details. You should then be able to access the online COSHH training course portal immediately and complete your online training modules.
Certification and Accreditation
On successful completion of the online COSHH training course, you will be able to download, save and/or print a quality assured CPD certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All learning materials are designed in collaboration with The Mandatory Training Group, the leading UK providers of workforce development solutions for all sectors.
LearnPac Systems and The Mandatory Training Group have worked with a range of subject matter experts to develop high-quality online training courses and programmes. The CPD Certification Service (CPDUK) has peer-reviewed independently and accredited our online COSHH training course as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of the online COSHH training course, you will be required to complete an online assessment (pass mark of 80%).
If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry! You can take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Why choose LearnPac Systems’ E-Learning courses?
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications including the following categories:
- Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
- Health, Safety and Welfare at Work
- Health and Social Care
- IT and Cyber Security
- Leadership and Management
- Mental Health Awareness
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Personal and Professional Development
- Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Soft Skills Development
- Train the Trainer
- Workplace Diversity.
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications. Contact our Support Team on 024 7610 0090 or via Email to discuss your online training requirements.