Infection Control in Health and Care | Level 2 | Online Training Course | CPDUK Accredited | Instant Course Access | Includes Assessment & Certificate | Instant Certificate Download.
Welcome to our online Infection Control in Health and Care training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
The risk of infection within a health/social care setting poses a significant risk to patients, carers and staff. Without effective infection prevention and control approaches, an infection can cause distress, harm, and impair the quality of life and healthcare experiences.
Infection frequently requires additional costly resources to treat. Therefore, prevention of infection has to be a key priority for all staff groups working within a healthcare setting. Consequently, ensuring that all staff have high levels of infection prevention and control awareness, supported through an adequate education and training approach, should form a central feature of any infection prevention and control strategy.
Certificate duration: 2 years
Entry requirements: No entry restrictions
Recommended prerequisites: N/A
Assessment type: End of course assessment
Assessment pass mark – 80% needed to pass and gain a CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – All costs included in the course price
Awarding/Accrediting body – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Who is the course for?
This online Infection Control in Health and Care training course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services, including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff,
- Locum doctors and nurses,
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs),
- Agency nurses,
- Agency workers,
- Healthcare assistants,
- Support workers,
- Care assistants,
- Nursery staff,
- Teachers and teaching staff, and
- Community services.
What is covered in this course?
This online Infection Control in Health and Care training course covers the following:
- An introduction to infection prevention and control,
- Why infection prevention and control is essential,
- Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs),
- The ‘chain of infection’ and how to ‘break the chain’,
- Standard/universal precautions for infection prevention and control,
- Safe and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE),
- Management and safe disposal of clinical waste,
- Safe management of body fluid spillages,
- Management of laundry in clinical environments,
- Effective environmental cleaning and decontamination,
- Safe use and disposal of sharps,
- Management of sharps injuries,
- Importance of practising effective hand hygiene,
- The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) ‘Five Moments’ for hand hygiene,
- Common barriers to effective hand hygiene in clinical environments,
- Recommended hand hygiene techniques,
- Appropriate hand hygiene products and facilities,
- How the personal health and fitness of healthcare workers can be a risk to others,
- Where to find additional information about infection prevention and control (online learning resources).