Safe Handling of Medication in Home Care | Level 2 | Online Training Course | CPDUK Accredited | Instant Course Access | Includes Assessment & Certificate | Instant Certificate Download.
Welcome to our online Safe Handling of Medication in Home Care training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
Understanding the fundamental principles of handling, administration and storage of medicines is an essential skill for all health and care workers. All health and social care organisations must have in place adequate policies and procedures to ensure that their staff maintain service user safety and minimise the risk of drug errors and adverse events.
This course provides you with a comprehensive introduction to the safe handling of medicines. It provides an overview of the definitions and classifications of medicines according to current UK law. It also covers the relevant legalisation, guidelines and the seven rights of medication administration (and the routes of drug administration). Learners will also appreciate the importance of policies for record-keeping and the roles of the multi-disciplinary team.
Certificate duration: 2 years
Entry requirements: No entry restrictions
Recommended prerequisites: N/A
Assessment type: End of course assessment
Assessment pass mark – 80% needed to pass and gain a CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – All costs included in the course price
Awarding/Accrediting body – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Who is the course for?
This Safe Handling of Medication in Home Care e-learning course should be completed by those who work in community health and social care services, including:
- Domiciliary care workers,
- Home caregivers,
- Locum and agency care workers,
- Community healthcare assistants,
- Support workers, and
- Care assistants.
What is covered in this course?
This Safe Handling of Medication in Home Care e-learning course covers the following:
- Introduction into the safe handling of medicines
- Legislation and guidance of medication management
- Key principles of medication management
- Service user needs assessment
- The consent to treatment
- Obtaining medication
- General support with medications
- The principles of safe administration of medicines
- Awareness of specific medications
- Practical considerations for the safe management of medicines
- Service users with swallowing difficulties
- Covert administration of medicines
- Record keeping
- Self-administration of medicines
- Safe disposal of medicines
- Dealing with significant events involving the handling and administration of medicines.