Learning Disability Awareness | Level 1 | Online Training Course | CPDUK Accredited | Instant Course Access | Includes Assessment & Certificate | Instant Certificate Download.
Welcome to our online Learning Disability Awareness training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
It is estimated that more than 1.2 million people in the UK are living with a learning disability. Healthcare and social care workers must have an adequate understanding of the needs of people with learning disabilities. It is also essential that they listen to the needs, hopes and aspirations of those living with learning disabilities, their carers, friends and families.
Our online Learning Disability Awareness training course will help you to gain the right skills and knowledge when working with people with a learning disability.
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications.
Certificate duration: 2 years
Entry requirements: No entry restrictions
Recommended prerequisites: N/A
Assessment type: End of course assessment
Assessment pass mark – 80% needed to pass and gain a CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – All costs included in the course price
Awarding/Accrediting body – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Who is the course for?
This online Learning Disability Awareness training course is suitable for staff working in a variety of settings and aims to provide a detailed understanding of learning disabilities and their effects, including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare Assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Community services.
What is covered in this course?
This online Learning Disability Awareness e-learning course covers the following:
- What is a learning disability?
- Difference between learning disability and mental health problem,
- What causes a learning disability?
- Mild, moderate or severe learning disability,
- Getting a learning disability diagnosis,
- Dealing with a learning disability diagnosis,
- Learning disability and other conditions,
- Down’s syndrome,
- Williams syndrome,
- Autism and Asperger’s syndrome,
- Challenging Behaviour,
- Fragile X syndrome,
- Global development delay,
- Cerebral palsy,
- Sources of support for learning disabilities,
- Getting the right support,
- Thinking about the future, and
- Online learning resources and references.