Epilepsy Awareness | Level 2 | Online Training Course | CPDUK Accredited | Instant Course Access | Includes Assessment & Certificate | Instant Certificate Download.
Welcome to our online Epilepsy Awareness training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
Epilepsy awareness training is essential for anyone working in any sector, especially those who look after people who have epilepsy. This Epilepsy Awareness e-learning course covers the causes and effects of epilepsy, as well as ensuring that they know correct ways to care safely for someone who is having an epileptic seizure.
The course also covers the various types of seizure and how their effects may differ. It will explore emergency help and risk assessing and managing of a person within their care.
Certificate duration: 3 years
Entry requirements: No entry restrictions
Recommended prerequisites: N/A
Assessment type: End of course assessment
Assessment pass mark – 80% needed to pass and gain a CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – All costs included in the course price
Awarding/Accrediting body – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Who is the course for?
This online Epilepsy Awareness training is essential for anyone working in any sector, especially those who look after people who have epilepsy.
What is covered in this course?
This Epilepsy Awareness e-learning course covers the following:
- The introduction to Epilepsy awareness:
- Definition of epilepsy,
- Key facts and statistics,
- Types of epilepsy, and
- Key definitions related to epilepsy.
- Causes of epilepsy
- Known causes of epilepsy,
- What is a seizure?
- What causes seizures?
- Triggers of seizures, and
- Non Epileptic Attack Disorder.
- Symptoms of epilepsy:
- Symptoms of epilepsy,
- Seizure thresholds,
- Types of seizures, and
- Triggers of seizures.
- Diagnosis of epilepsy:
- Diagnosis of epilepsy,
- Seeing an epilepsy specialist,
- Understanding seizures,
- Tests for epilepsy,
- Electroencephalogram (EEG), and
- Brain scan.
- Management of seizures:
- How to control seizures,
- Avoiding seizure triggers,
- Regular medical reviews,
- NICE recommendations for review and referral,
- Pregnancy and contraception,
- School and education,
- Work, money and benefits,
- Prolonged or repeated seizures and convulsive status epilepticus, and
- Treatment of epilepsy:
- Types of epilepsy treatment,
- Anti-epileptic drugs
- Other treatment procedures, and
- Diet and complementary therapies.
- Helping people to cope with epilepsy,
- First aid for tonic-clonic seizures,
- First aid for focal seizures, and
- First aid for seizures in a wheelchair
- References and resources