Understanding Autism | Level 2 | Online Training Course | CPDUK Accredited | Instant Course Access | Includes Assessment & Certificate | Instant Certificate Download.
Welcome to LearnPac Systems’ online Understanding Autism – Level 2 training course for healthcare and social care providers and the general public. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
Our Understanding Autism – Level 2 e-learning training course provides perspectives from people on the autism spectrum about how autism is defined and experienced in their everyday life.
Certificate duration: 2 years
Entry requirements: No entry restrictions
Recommended prerequisites: N/A
Assessment type: End of course assessment
Assessment pass mark – 80% needed to pass and gain a CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – All costs included in the course price
Awarding/Accrediting body – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Who is the course for?
This online Understanding Autism – Level 2 training course is suitable for anyone whose job role requires them to work with autistic children and young people. This online Understanding Autism – Level 2 training course includes those working in a voluntary, part-time or full-time roles, such as:
- Nursery workers,
- Registered nurses,
- School nurses,
- Support workers,
- Carers, and
- Activity leaders.
This online Understanding Autism – Level 2 training course is also suitable for parents, guardians, and family members of children and young people with autism. This course will improve their understanding of autism and how to support children and young people with this condition.
What is covered in this course?
This online Understanding Autism – Level 2 training course covers the following:
- Introduction to autism:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD),
- The importance of autism awareness,
- Myths about autism spectrum disorder,
- Key definitions, and
- Key abbreviations relating to ASD.
- Why autism is a spectrum condition:
- Characteristics of autism,
- Different types of autism,
- The difference between autism and ADHD,
- Categories of autism symptoms,
- The common effects of autism,
- The effects of autism in girls, and
- The effects of autism in adults.
- Causes of autism:
- The common causes of autism,
- Genes and autism,
- Environmental triggers, and
- The misconceptions about the causes of autism.
- Diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorder,
- Supporting children with autism:
- Supporting children with ASD at school,
- Supporting children with ASD in hospitals,
- Supporting children with ASD to cope with transitions,
- Supporting children with ASD to participate in activities, and
- Dealing with other challenges faced by children with ASD.
- Supporting parents and carers of children and young people with ASD:
- Knowing the child or young person’s profile,
- Offering practical help,
- Provide person-centred care,
- Using the child’s preferred mode of communication,
- Signpost parents and carers,
- Outlook for people with autism,
- References and resources relating to ASD.