Legionella Awareness Training – Level 2 – Online Training Course – CPDUK Accredited – Health & Safety Executive (HSE) Aligned.
Welcome to our online Legionella Awareness Training course for all sectors (legionnaires disease awareness training course). All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
Legionellosis is a collective term for diseases caused by Legionella bacteria, including the most serious Legionnaires’ disease, as well as the similar but less severe conditions of Pontiac fever and Lochgoilhead fever.
Legionnaires’ disease is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia, and everyone is susceptible to infection. People contract Legionnaires’ disease by inhaling small droplets of water (aerosols), suspended in the air, containing the bacteria
Legionella Awareness Training Course – CPDUK Accredited E-Learning Course
Study method – Online, self-paced
Estimated duration (Indicative CPD hours) – 2 hours
Course format – Online (24/7 access)
Entry requirements – no prerequisites required
Assessment type – Complete end of course assessment (80% needed to pass and gain CPD certificate)
Certification/Qualification – Downloadable CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – Assessment and certification costs included in the course price
Course accreditation – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Course access – Part-time (1-year access)
Course delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones.
Who is the online Legionella Awareness training course for?
This Legionella Awareness training course is suitable for anyone in charge of premises (known as the duty holder) no matter how big or small the premises and regardless of the number of people present. This includes all employers, self-employed people and anyone else in control of premises, such as landlords and letting agents.
Landlords must be aware of the dangers of legionella and ensure a risk assessment is done to keep their tenants from harm. This course provides details on how to carry out a risk assessment and explains what should be included so that you have an awareness of how to identify legionella hazards and react appropriately.
Course aims and objectives
This online Legionella Awareness training course aims to help duty holders to understand more about their legal responsibilities, and the health risks created by legionella bacteria, so that a risk assessment can be done and suitable control measures can be implemented.
By the end of this online Legionella Awareness training course, learners will:
- Understand where legionella bacteria come from, how people develop legionnaires’ disease and how it affects their health,
- Understand their legal responsibilities in regards to preventing and monitoring legionella,
- Know the environments where legionella bacteria are commonly found,
- Know how to carry out a risk assessment to identify and control the hazards,
- Have an awareness of the control measures that can be used to reduce the risks from legionella, and
- Understand the importance of continually monitoring, reviewing and updating the legionella control measures.
What is covered in this online Legionella Awareness training course?
This online Legionella Awareness training course covers the following:
- What is Legionella? (Understand the dangers of legionella and where it can be found)
- What legionella is and where it comes from;
- How people get legionnaires’ disease;
- Who is most at risk;
- Symptoms and treatment of legionnaires’ disease.
- Legal Responsibilities (Understand your legal responsibilities and duties associated with legionella management in your workplace)
- Health and safety legislation;
- COSHH regulations;
- Notification regulations;
- RIDDOR, landlord responsibilities;
- Employee responsibilities;
- Designers, manufacturers & importers;
- Suppliers and installers and the HSE Approved Code of Practice L8.
- Hazardous Environments
- Where legionella is found;
- What is meant by a water system;
- Assessing the risks;
- Cooling systems;
- Hot and cold water systems & spa pools;
- Other risk systems and the main risk factors.
- Legionella Risk Assessment (Know what management steps need to be taken to minimise the risk of a legionella outbreak to a safe and acceptable level)
- What a risk assessment is;
- Identifying the hazards;
- Schematic diagrams;
- Deciding who might be harmed and how;
- Consulting employees;
- Evaluating the risks and implementing controls;
- Recording findings and reviewing and updating the assessment.
- Controlling the Risks
- Duty holder responsibilities;
- Training requirements;
- Instruction and communication;
- Employee responsibilities;
- The written scheme;
- Key precautions;
- Operation of the water system;
- Monitoring and inspection;
- Testing water quality;
- Cleaning and disinfection;
- Controlling water systems in residential settings and avoiding stagnation.
- Know where to go for advice and assistance concerning legionella management within your organisation.
What is legionella?
Legionellosis is a collective term for diseases caused by legionella bacteria, including the most serious Legionnaires’ disease, as well as the similar but less severe conditions of Pontiac fever and Lochgoilhead fever. Legionnaires’ disease is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia, and everyone is susceptible to infection. The risk increases with age, but some people are at higher risk, including:
- People over 45 years of age
- Smokers and heavy drinkers
- People suffering from chronic respiratory or kidney disease
- Diabetes, lung and heart disease
- Anyone with an impaired immune system
The bacterium Legionella pneumophila and related bacteria are common in natural water sources such as rivers, lakes and reservoirs, but usually in low numbers. They may also be found in purpose-built water systems such as cooling towers, evaporative condensers, hot and cold water systems and spa pools.
Why is this Legionella Awareness training course important?
Legionella bacteria have the potential to cause serious harm to people’s health if they are not carefully controlled. As a result, all premises containing a human-made water system must ensure that the system is safe to use, regularly maintained and free from harmful bacteria.
How do I book for the online Legionella Awareness training course?
You can book for Legionella Awareness training course online. Just click ‘Buy Now’ in the top right-hand corner of this page to order the Legionella Awareness training course online. Follow the instructions to complete the order for your Legionella Awareness training course.
Once you complete your Legionella Awareness online order, you will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. You will also receive a separate email providing you with the link to the Legionella Awareness training course online and login details. You should then be able to access the online Legionella Awareness training course portal immediately and complete your online training modules.
Certification and Accreditation
On successful completion of the online Legionella Awareness training course, you will be able to download, save and/or print a quality assured CPD certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All learning materials are designed in collaboration with The Mandatory Training Group, the leading UK providers of workforce development solutions for all sectors.
LearnPac Systems and The Mandatory Training Group have worked with a range of subject matter experts to develop high-quality online training courses and programmes. The CPD Certification Service (CPDUK) has peer-reviewed independently and accredited our online Legionella Awareness training course as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of the online Legionella Awareness training course, you will be required to complete an online assessment (pass mark of 80%).
If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry! You can take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Why choose LearnPac Systems’ E-Learning courses?
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications including the following categories:
- Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
- Health, Safety and Welfare at Work
- Health and Social Care
- IT and Cyber Security
- Leadership and Management
- Mental Health Awareness
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Personal and Professional Development
- Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Soft Skills Development
- Train the Trainer
- Workplace Diversity.
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications. Contact our Support Team on 024 7610 0090 or via Email to discuss your online training requirements.