The Mental Capacity Act | Level 2 | Online Training Course | CPDUK Accredited | Instant Course Access | Includes Assessment & Certificate | Instant Certificate Download.
Welcome to our Mental Capacity Act online training course. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) is designed to protect and empower people who may lack the mental capacity to make their own decisions about their care and treatment. It applies to people aged 16 and over.
It covers decisions about day-to-day things like what to wear or what to buy for the weekly shop, or serious life-changing decisions like whether to move into a care home or have major surgery.
Certificate duration: 2 years
Entry requirements: No entry restrictions
Recommended prerequisites: N/A
Assessment type: End of course assessment
Assessment pass mark – 80% needed to pass and gain a CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – All costs included in the course price
Awarding/Accrediting body – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Who is the course for?
This online Mental Capacity Act training course is suitable for the following:
- Healthcare professionals
- Staff member moving into a new role
- Allied health professionals and care staff
- Agency healthcare workers and care workers
- Community service workers
- Support workers
- Any individual who wants to know more about the course.
What is covered in this course?
This online The Mental Capacity Act training course covers the following:
- Chapter 1 – The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Chapter 2 – The role of the law
- Chapter 3 – Assessment of capacity
- Chapter 4 – Best interests
- Chapter 5 – Independent mental capacity advocate service
- Chapter 6 – The Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards