Health and Safety in Health and Care | Level 2 | Online Training Course | CPDUK Accredited | Instant Course Access | Includes Assessment & Certificate | Instant Certificate Download.
Welcome to our online Health and Safety in Health and Care training course for healthcare and social care providers.
This online course was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Occupational safety and health, also commonly referred to as occupational health and safety, occupational health, or workplace health and safety, is a multidisciplinary field concerned with the safety, health, and welfare of people at work.
Certificate duration: 2 years
Entry requirements: No entry restrictions
Recommended prerequisites: N/A
Assessment type: End of course assessment
Assessment pass mark – 80% needed to pass and gain a CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – All costs included in the course price
Awarding/Accrediting body – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Who is the course for?
Everyone in the workplace, no matter the industry, is required to take sufficient and appropriate health and safety training. This online Health and Safety in Health and Care training course is suitable for workers of all abilities and is intended as a ‘foundation’ level course, designed to maintain learners’ health and safety knowledge.
An awareness of health and safety is essential for those who provide health and social care services. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is the enforcing authority for workers in England, Scotland and Wales and also for patient and service users in Scotland and Wales. In England, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) has responsibility for patient and service user health and safety for providers registered with them.
What is covered in this course?
This online Health and Safety in Health and Care training course covers the following:
- Understand why health and safety is important
- Be familiar with the common causes of workplace accidents
- Be aware of workplace hazards
- Know the common health and safety statistics
- Know the financial and human costs relating to health and safety
- Understand health and safety law, penalties and enforcement
- Be able to identify hazards and minimise risks in the workplace
- Know how to prevent accidents in the workplace
- Be aware of the accident reporting procedures
- Understand the RIDDOR regulations
- Understand the hierarchy of risk control
- Know basic fire safety procedures
- Know what to do and what not to do in the event of a fire
- Understand the different fire extinguishers and their functions
- Understand the importance of checking electrical equipment
- Be able to keep safe from electrical risks
- Know how to prevent slips, trips and falls
- Know how to avoid common health hazards
- Understand the importance of first aid in the workplace
- Understand the importance of personal protective equipment
- Be able to identify hazards and minimise manual handling risks
- Know the dangers of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Be ready to reduce the risks of DSE equipment, noise and vibration
- Understand the dangers of working at height, confined spaces and pressure environments