Virtual Team Building and Management – Online Training Course – How to Build & Effectively Manage Virtual Teams
It is estimated that there are over one billion virtual workers around the world, and the number is expected to continue climbing well into the future. With a global workforce, you are provided with a cost effective and talented pool of employees to draw from. With a virtual team you are given a Follow the Sun production environment.
|Study method – Online, self-paced (4-6 study hours)
Course format – Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration – Part-time (1-year access)
Qualification – CPD certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – CPD Accreditation Service (UK)
With a virtual team, you have the normal issues of a localised team, with the additional challenges of distance and cultural differences. Virtual team building and management will give participants the knowledge to work with these challenges and succeed in a growing global workforce.
The objectives of this virtual team building and management online course are to:
- Know the keys to establishing a virtual team
- Learn how to hold effective meetings and group sessions
- Learn effective ways to communicate with team members
- Use tools to build trust and confidence among employees
- Know how to handle poor performing employees
- Know how to manage a virtual team during any project
What’s covered in this course?
This online virtual team building and management course covers the following:
|Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Setting Up Your Virtual Team (I)
Module Three: Setting Up Your Virtual Team (II)
Module Four: Virtual Team Meetings
Module Five: Communication (I)
Module Six: Communication (II)
|Module Seven: Building Trust
Module Eight: Cultural Issues
Module Nine: To Succeed With a Virtual Team
Module Ten: Dealing With Poor Team Players
Module Eleven: Choosing the Right Tools
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Why is virtual team building important?
Virtual teams can feel very lonely. Remote employees are typically focused on their own silo, and rarely interact informally with their peers and managers like they would in a regular office.
Meetings in particular can feel very transactional and dry. This is one big disadvantage of virtual teams – you lose what’s called the “water cooler” effect in a regular office, where team members bump into each other at the water cooler and talk about things unrelated to work.
Although such minor interactions can be trivial, their impact is quite significant on team performance. They have a tremendous positive effect on overall team morale and happiness.
Why choose our online training courses?
All our e-learning courses can be accessed on any electronic/computerised device.
- Study anywhere, in your own time and at your own pace!
- Easy to follow and understand
- Only 4-6 hours recommended study time
- 1-year access to course & learning materials
- Access your course anytime, anywhere & on any device
- Complete course on desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Additional references and downloadable materials available
- CPD accredited certification on completion
- The content of this online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- All our online courses are accredited and internationally recognised (UK CPD Accreditation Service)
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With our interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our full e-learning course catalogue or leadership and management courses and programs to find out more about our wide range of training courses and qualifications. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.