Stroke Awareness & Management – Level 2 – Stroke Awareness Online Training Course
Welcome to our stroke awareness and management online course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online stroke awareness training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines, Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your stroke awareness course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your online stroke awareness course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
On completion of this stroke awareness course, you will:
- Know what a stroke is
- Be able to identify the symptoms of a stroke
- Know who is at risk of a stroke
- Be familiar with the treatments for stroke
- Understand the importance of rehabilitation following a stroke
What is covered in this stroke awareness course?
This stroke awareness course covers the following:
- Why is stroke awareness training important?
- What is a stroke?
- Key UK stroke statistics
- Stroke symptoms
- Recognising the signs of a stroke
- Other symptoms of stroke
- Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA)
- Types of stroke
- Ischaemic stroke
- Haemorrgahic stroke
- Causes of strokes
- Reducing the risks of strokes
- Lifestyle changes
- Preventing strokes
- Blood pressure
- Conditions that increase the risk of stroke
- Managing underlying conditions
- Stroke diagnosis
- Brain scan
- MRI scan
- CT scan
- Swallowing difficulties
- Swallow test
- Blood tests
- Carotid ultrasound
- Stroke treatment
- Treatment of ischaemic strokes
- Treatment of haemorrhagic strokes
- Good stroke care
- Recovery from stroke
- Additional support
- Pyschological support
- Cognitive impacts of strokes
- Dealing with communication problems
- Vascular dementia
- Dealing with movement problems
- Occupational therapy
- Dealing with swallowing problems
- Feeding tubes
- Dealing with visual problems
- Bladder and bowel problems
- Sex after stroke
- Driving after stroke
- Preventing further strokes
- Lifestyle changes
- Caring for someone who has had a stroke
- Dealing with changed behaviour
- Remaining patient and positive
- Making time for yourself
- Where to find additional help
- References and online resources
Who is the stroke awareness training course for?
This online stroke awareness training course should be completed by those who work in healthcare and social care services, particularly patient facing clinical roles.
This stroke awareness online training course is aimed at health and social care staff who may:
- be new to stroke care, for example rotational staff or those new in post
- wish to refresh/extend their existing stroke knowledge and skills
- be community based with a mixed pathology case load including stroke
- have limited access to other stroke specific training
The comprehensive stroke awareness course may also be accessed by patients, carers and other members of the general public.
To complete this stroke awareness training course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our stroke awareness course are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this stroke awareness training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that can be used to provide evidence for audit and compliance.
The content of this online stroke awareness training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your stroke awareness training course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your stroke awareness training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is a stroke?
A stroke is a brain attack. It happens when the blood supply to part of your brain is cut off.
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online stroke awareness training course was developed in line with the Ofqual RQF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice.
Stroke Awareness & Management – Level 2 – Stroke Awareness Online Training Course –
Stroke Awareness & Management – Level 2 – Stroke Awareness Online Training Course.