Parkinson’s disease training course – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited E-Learning Course – CQC Compliant Parkinson’s Online Course
Welcome to our online Parkinson’s disease training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online Parkinson’s disease training course was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your Parkinson’s disease training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your Parkinson’s disease training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this Parkinson’s disease training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding Parkinson’s disease
- To provide essential training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
On completion of this Parkinson’s disease training course, you will:
- Be able to define Parkinson’s disease
- Be familiar with the symptoms of Parkinson’s
- Understand the causes of Parkinson’s disease
- Know how Parkinson’s disease is diagnosed
- Be aware of the medical and non medical treatments for Parkinson’s disease
- Understand how Parkinson’s can affect day to day life
- Be able to support an individual with Parkinson’s in a holistic way
- Know where to find additional information about Parkinson’s
What is covered in this online Parkinson’s disease training course?
Understanding the difficulties that a person with Parkinson’s disease experiences is key to providing good care. This course provides delegates with insight into the daily obstacles that those with the disease have to overcome and offers models for best practice in terms of their care. This online Parkinson’s disease training course covers the following:
- Definition of Parkinson’s disease
- Causes of Parkinson’s disease
- Key signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- Non-motor signs and symptoms
- Who gets Parkinson’s disease
- Diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease
- Progression of the disease
- Difficulties for every day life for those with Parkinson’s disease
- Medications and treatments for Parkinson’s disease
- Communication skills for care givers
- Supporting people living with Parkinson’s disease
- Specific considerations for care settings
Who is the online Parkinson’s disease training course for?
This Parkinson’s disease training course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Healthcare assistants
- Registered nurses
- Allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Doctors and medical locums
Our online Parkinson’s disease training course is suitable for caregivers and others who are interested in Parkinson’s disease or look after people who suffer from this condition.
To complete this Parkinson’s disease training course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our Parkinson’s disease training course are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this Parkinson’s disease training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that can be used to provide evidence for audit and compliance.
The content of this online Parkinson’s disease training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your Parkinson’s disease training course to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your Parkinson’s disease training course, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is Parkinson’s disease?
Parkinson’s disease is a condition in which parts of the brain become progressively damaged over many years.
The three main symptoms of Parkinson’s disease are:
- involuntary shaking of particular parts of the body (tremors)
- slow movement
- stiff and inflexible muscles
A person with Parkinson’s disease can also experience a wide range of other physical and psychological symptoms, including:
- depression and anxiety
- balance problems – this may increase the chance of a fall
- loss of sense of smell (anosmis)
- problems sleeping (insomnia)
- memory problems
Why is this Parkinson’s disease training course important?
Because of the degenerative nature of Parkinson’s disease, it is important for caregivers and health care and social care staff to have an awareness of the specific needs of each individual. This helps to tailor care to each person affected in line with their needs.
Is there a cure for Parkinson’s disease?
There’s currently no cure for Parkinson’s and we don’t yet know why people get the condition.
But there are lots of different treatments, therapies and support available to help you manage the condition. These will be discussed in this e-learning course.
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online Parkinson’s disease training course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Parkinson’s Disease Training Course – Online CPD Accredited E-Learning Course – CQC Compliant Parkinson’s Online Course
Parkinson’s Disease Training Course