Paediatric First Aid Training Course – Level 2 – CPD Accredited E-Learning Course – Essential First Aid Skills – Resuscitation Council (UK) & HSE Compliant
Welcome to our accredited online paediatric first aid training course. This e-learning course was developed to meet the requirements of those who look after infants, children and young adults.
This online paediatric first aid training course was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and guidance. This e-learning course meets requirements of regulatory bodies such as Care Quality Commission (CQC), Ofsted, the Resuscitation Council (UK), Health and Safety Executive (HSE), National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), Skills for Care and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your paediatric first aid training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your paediatric first aid training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this paediatric first aid training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding paediatric first aid
- To provide essential training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online paediatric first aid training course?
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of paediatric first aid training, as set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage framework (EYFS) and in line with Health & safety Executive and Resuscitation Council UK requirements. This paediatric first aid course covers how to help a baby or child who:
- is unresponsive and breathing
- is unresponsive and not breathing, including:
- the chain of survival
- the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) on a child
- is choking
- is bleeding
- is burnt or has a scald
- has an object in their eye, ear or nose
- has hypothermia or heat exhaustion
- has sickness or a fever
- has a medical emergency, including:
- diabetic emergency
- asthma attack
- severe allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock)
- has an injury to a bone muscle or joint (including spinal injuries)
- has a head injury
- has swallowed something harmful.
The course also includes basic first aid skills, details on accident reporting and administering medication for those working in a childcare setting.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider.
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely.
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child:
- who is unresponsive and breathing normally, including child and infant resuscitation
- who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- with external bleeding
- with injuries to bones, joints and muscles.
- Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an infant and a child with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness:
- diabetic emergencies
- asthma attack
- allergic reaction
- febrile convulsions.
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child:
- who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold
- who has sustained an electric shock
- with burns or scalds
- who has been poisoned
- who has been bitten or stung
- with minor injuries, including cuts, grazes, bumps and bruises, small splinters and nose bleeds
- with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- with head and spinal injuries
- with anaphylaxis
- who is suffering from shock.
- Understand how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies.
Who is the online paediatric first aid training course for?
This online paediatric course is suitable for people aged 16+ who care for/look after/work with babies, children and young people in any professional setting, including:
- nursery workers
- au pairs
- sports and community clubs
The paediatric first aid course is recognised by Ofsted for Early Years (EYFS) and meets Childcare Registration requirements.
This course is also suitable for people who don’t need first aid training for work reasons but would like to learn first aid for babies and children. The following groups will also find this course useful: new and expectant parents, grandparents and carers.
Our online paediatric first aid training courses are also suitable of healthcare and social care staff.
To complete this paediatric first aid training course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our paediatric first aid training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this paediatric first aid training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that can be used to provide evidence for audit and compliance.
The content of this online paediatric first aid training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your paediatric first aid training course to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your paediatric first aid training course, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is paediatric first aid?
Paediatric first aid is the assistance given to any child or young person suffering a sudden illness or injury, with care provided to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, or to promote recovery.
First training is essential for new and experienced people who work with babies, children and young people. Those who are newly qualified at level two or three early years child carer will also require classroom based emergency paediatric first aid course. The paediatric first aid course is recommended for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and meets Childcare Registration requirements.
Why is paediatric first aid training important?
Our comprehensive paediatric first aid e-learning course focuses on emergency scenarios that face those looking after young children and infants, including day nurseries, private nursery schools, pre-schools, before and after school clubs for children in the early years age group, childminders and carers of children at home.
The paediatric first aid course meets the Ofsted Early Years and Childcare Register requirements.
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online paediatric first aid training course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Paediatric First Aid Training Course – Level 2 – CPD Accredited E-Learning Course – Essential Skills for all Sectors – Resuscitation Council (UK) & HSE Compliant
Paediatric First Aid Training Course