Paediatric First Aid – Level 2 – CPD Accredited Training Course – Essential First Aid Skills – Resuscitation Council (UK) & HSE Compliant.
Welcome to our ‘paediatric first aid’ online training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
They are also developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Who is the online paediatric first aid training course for?
This online paediatric course is suitable for people aged 16+ who care for/look after/work with babies, children and young people in any professional setting, including:
- Nursery workers,
- Au pairs,
- Teachers, and
- Sports and community clubs.
The paediatric first aid course is recognised by Ofsted for Early Years (EYFS) and meets Childcare Registration requirements.
This course is also suitable for people who don’t need first aid training for work reasons but would like to learn first aid for babies and children. The following groups will also find this course useful: new and expectant parents, grandparents and carers.
Our online paediatric first aid training courses are also suitable for healthcare and social care staff.
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this paediatric first aid training course are to improve learners’ understanding of their responsibilities, current UK legislation and best practice guidance.
The course also includes basic first aid skills, details on accident reporting and administering medication for those working in a childcare setting. On completion of this paediatric first aid course, learners will:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider,
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely,
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child:
- Who is unresponsive and breathing normally, including child and infant resuscitation,
- Who is unresponsive and not breathing normally,
- Who has a foreign body airway obstruction,
- With external bleeding, and
- With injuries to bones, joints and muscles.
- Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an infant and a child with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness:
- Diabetic emergencies,
- Asthma attack,
- Allergic reaction,
- Meningitis, and
- Febrile convulsions.
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child:
- Who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold,
- Who has sustained an electric shock,
- With burns or scalds,
- Who has been poisoned,
- Who has been bitten or stung,
- With minor injuries, including cuts, grazes, bumps and bruises, small splinters and nose bleeds,
- With conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose,
- With head and spinal injuries,
- With anaphylaxis, and
- Who is suffering from shock.
- Understand how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies.
What is covered in this online paediatric first aid training course?
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of paediatric first aid training, as set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage framework (EYFS) and in line with Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and Resuscitation Council UK requirements.
This paediatric first aid course covers how to help a baby or child who:
- Is unresponsive and breathing,
- Is unresponsive and not breathing, including:
- The chain of survival, and
- The use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) on a child.
- Is choking,
- Is bleeding,
- Is burnt or has a scald,
- Has an object in their eye, ear or nose,
- Has hypothermia or heat exhaustion,
- Has sickness or fever,
- Has a medical emergency, including:
- Diabetic emergency,
- Asthma attack, and
- Severe allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock).
- Has an injury to a bone muscle or joint (including spinal injuries)
- Has a head injury, and
- Has swallowed something harmful.
What is paediatric first aid?
Paediatric first aid is the assistance given to any child or young person suffering a sudden illness or injury, with care provided to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, or to promote recovery.
First, training is essential for new and experienced people who work with babies, children and young people. Those who are newly qualified at level two or three early years child carer will also require classroom-based emergency paediatric first aid course. The paediatric first aid course is recommended for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and meets Childcare Registration requirements.
Why is paediatric first aid training important?
Our comprehensive paediatric first aid e-learning course focuses on emergency scenarios that face those looking after young children and infants, including day nurseries, private nursery schools, pre-schools, before and after school clubs for children in the early years’ age group, childminders and carers of children at home.
The paediatric first aid course meets the Ofsted Early Years and Childcare Register requirements.
Why choose LearnPac E-Learning courses?
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications including the following categories:
- Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
- Health, Safety and Welfare at Work
- Health and Social Care
- IT and Cyber Security
- Leadership and Management
- Mental Health Awareness
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Personal and Professional Development
- Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Soft Skills Development
- Train the Trainer
- Workplace Diversity.
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications. Contact our Support Team on 024 7610 0090 or via Email to discuss your online training requirements.