Moving and Handling of Objects Training – Online Training Course – Level 2 – CPDUK Accredited – Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Aligned.
Welcome to our online Moving and Handling of Objects training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers.
This e-learning course was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Moving and Handling of Objects Training Course – CPDUK Accredited E-Learning Course
Study method – Online, self-paced
Estimated duration (Indicative CPD hours) – 2 hours
Course format – Online (24/7 access)
Entry requirements – no prerequisites required
Assessment type – Complete end of course assessment (80% needed to pass and gain CPD certificate)
Certification/Qualification – Downloadable CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – Assessment and certification costs included in the course price
Course accreditation – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Course access – Part-time (1-year access)
Course delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones.
Who is the online moving and handling objects course for?
This comprehensive Moving and Handling of Objects e-learning course was developed for people whose job roles involve the manual handling of objects.
Moving and handling is a crucial part of the working day for most employees; from moving equipment, laundry, catering, supplies or waste to assisting residents in moving. Poor moving and handling practice can lead to back pain and musculoskeletal disorders, which can lead to the inability to work.
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this Moving and Handling of Objects training course are to:
- To provide a clear understanding of the legislation regarding moving and handling,
- To help learners understand the risks of poor practice,
- To provide an awareness of recommended ergonomic techniques to minimise manual handling injuries in practice,
- To inform learners how to carry out manual handling tasks safely, and
- To learn how to improve manual handling techniques, move and handle loads safely and be able to conduct a personal manual handling risk assessment.
The learning outcomes of this Moving and Handling of Objects e-learning course include:
- Knowing the anatomy of the spine,
- Understanding the causes of back pain,
- Knowing what needs to be done before returning to work,
- Awareness of moving and handling assessments,
- Familiarising with manual handling legislation,
- Principles of safer moving and handling,
- Unsafe systems of work,
- Safe use of moving and handling equipment, and
- Manual handling risk assessment.
What is covered in this online Moving and Handling of Objects course?
This online Moving and Handling of Objects training course covers the following:
- An introduction to the fundamental principles of moving and handling
- An overview of why ergonomic moving and handling is important
- What the law says about moving and handling
- The actions that organisations should take to promote a safer workforce (organisational responsibilities)
- Individual responsibilities concerning moving and handling (individual responsibilities)
- Definition of manual handling
- Why we need to understand how our spine and back work
- An awareness of the most common moving and handling injuries
- How healthcare workers can promote healthy back care
- Recommended ergonomic approaches to risk assessments (LITE/TILE)
- Other moving and handling risk factors
- The principles of safer moving and handling of people
- Actions to take following a moving and handling risk assessment:
- The Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) ‘Numerical Guidelines for Lifting and Lowering Loads’
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines for handling while seated
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) pushing and pulling guidelines
- Key things to remember when team handling
- Moving and handling information sources.
What is moving and handling objects?
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations define moving and handling as ‘any transporting or supporting of a load (including the lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving thereof) by hand or by bodily force’.
Why is moving and handling training essential?
Moving and handling is a crucial part of the working day for most employees; from moving equipment, laundry, catering, supplies or waste to assisting residents in moving.
Poor moving and handling practice can lead to:
- Back pain and musculoskeletal disorders, which can lead to the inability to work
- Moving and handling accidents – which can injure both the person being moved and the employee
- Discomfort and a lack of dignity for the person being moved
You must take action to prevent or minimise the risk of injury.
The most common injuries carers experience are back injuries. Injuring your back will limit your movement and your ability to care for someone. It could take a long time for you to recover. Lifting someone incorrectly can also damage fragile skin, cause shoulder and neck injuries, increase existing breathing difficulties, or cause bruising or cuts.
How do I book for the online Moving and Handling of Objects training course?
You can book for Moving and Handling of Objects training course online. Just click ‘Buy Now’ in the top right-hand corner of this page to order the Moving and Handling of Objects training course online. Follow the instructions to complete the order for your Moving and Handling of Objects training course.
Once you complete your Moving and Handling of Objects online order, you will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. You will also receive a separate email providing you with the link to the Moving and Handling of Objects training course online and login details. You should then be able to access the online Moving and Handling of Objects training course portal immediately and complete your online training modules.
Certification and Accreditation
On successful completion of the online Moving and Handling of Objects training course, you will be able to download, save and/or print a quality assured CPD certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All learning materials are designed in collaboration with The Mandatory Training Group, the leading UK providers of workforce development solutions for all sectors.
LearnPac Systems and The Mandatory Training Group have worked with a range of subject matter experts to develop high-quality online training courses and programmes. The CPD Certification Service (CPDUK) has peer-reviewed independently and accredited our online Moving and Handling of Objects training course as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of the online Moving and Handling of Objects training course, you will be required to complete an online assessment (pass mark of 80%).
If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry! You can take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Why choose LearnPac Systems’ E-Learning courses?
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications including the following categories:
- Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
- Health, Safety and Welfare at Work
- Health and Social Care
- IT and Cyber Security
- Leadership and Management
- Mental Health Awareness
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Personal and Professional Development
- Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Soft Skills Development
- Train the Trainer
- Workplace Diversity.
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications. Contact our Support Team on 024 7610 0090 or via Email to discuss your online training requirements.