Motor Neurone Disease Training Course – Level 2 CPD Accredited Course for Healthcare and Social Care Workers – CQC Compliant Courses
Welcome to our ‘motor neurone disease (MND) awareness’ online training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
These online training courses are also developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Who is the online motor neurone disease training course for?
This motor neurone disease awareness training course should be completed by those who work in healthcare and social care services. It is also useful for those who look after people with motor neurone disease.
Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this motor neurone disease awareness training course are to improve caregivers’ awareness of the condition.
On completion of this motor neurone disease awareness training course, you will:
- Be able to define motor neurone disease,
- Know some basic facts and statistics about motor neurone disease,
- Know the causes of motor neurone disease,
- Know the different types of motor neurone disease,
- Understand how motor neurone disease is diagnosed,
- Know the various symptoms and how they are managed, and
- Understand the key considerations when supporting someone with motor neurone disease.
What is covered in this online motor neurone disease training course?
This motor neurone disease awareness training course covers the following:
- What is motor neurone disease?
- What is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?
- Facts and statistics about motor neurone disease,
- What causes motor neurone disease?
- Diagnostic tests for motor neurone disease,
- Clinical examination for motor neurone disease,
- Blood tests and other tests for motor neurone disease,
- Motor neurone disease diagnosis,
- Different types of motor neurone disease,
- Motor neurone disease life expectancy,
- Motor neurone disease symptoms,
- Supporting people living with motor neurone disease,
- Dealing with speech and communication problems,
- Coping with emotions, thinking and behaviour,
- Dealing with relationships and family issues,
- Breathing and ventilation,
- Treatments and medication,
- Planning ahead,
- Making informed decisions,
- Advance Decision to Refuse Treatment (ADRT), and
- End of life care for motor neurone disease.
Why is motor neurone disease training essential?
Motor neurone disease (MND) is an uncommon condition that affects the brain and nerves. It causes weakness that gets worse over time.
It is always fatal and can significantly shorten life expectancy, but some people live with it for many years. There’s no cure, but there are treatments to help reduce the impact it has on the affected person’s daily life.
To complete this motor neurone disease awareness training course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our motor neurone disease awareness training course is suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this motor neurone disease awareness training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that can be used to provide evidence for audit and compliance.
The content of this online motor neurone disease awareness training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your motor neurone disease awareness training course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your motor neurone disease awareness training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase.
How to access your motor neurone disease training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your motor neurone disease awareness training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered, you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
What is Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3, Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online motor neurone disease awareness training course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- The highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant person hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice