Manual Handling of Objects – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for all Sectors – Health & Safety Executive (HSE) Aligned Course
Welcome to our ‘manual handling of objects’ online training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
They are also developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Who is the online manual handling of objects course for?
This comprehensive ‘manual handling of objects’ e-learning course was developed for people whose job roles involve the manual handling of objects. Moving and handling is a crucial part of the working day for most employees; from moving equipment, laundry, catering, supplies or waste to assisting residents in moving. Poor moving and handling practice can lead to back pain and musculoskeletal disorders, which can lead to the inability to work.
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this manual handling of objects training course are:
- To provide a clear understanding of the legislation regarding moving and handling,
- To help learners understand the risks of poor practice,
- To provide an awareness of recommended ergonomic techniques to minimise manual handling injuries in practice,
- To inform learners how to carry out manual handling tasks safely,
- To learn how to improve manual handling techniques, move and handle loads safely and be able to conduct a personal manual handling risk assessment, and
- To provide essential manual handling training resources in an engaging and meaningful way.
The learning outcomes of this manual handling of objects e-learning course include:
- Knowing the anatomy of the spine,
- Understanding the causes of back pain,
- Knowing what needs to be done before returning to work,
- Awareness of moving and handling assessments,
- Familiarising with manual handling legislation,
- Principles of safer moving and handling,
- Unsafe systems of work,
- Safe use of moving and handling equipment, and
- Manual handling risk assessment.
What is covered in this online manual handling of objects course?
This manual handling of objects e-learning course covers the following:
- An introduction to the fundamental principles of moving and handling,
- An overview of why ergonomic moving and handling is important,
- What the law says about moving and handling,
- The actions that organisations should take to promote a safer workforce (organisational responsibilities),
- Individual responsibilities concerning moving and handling (personal duties),
- Definition of manual handling,
- Why we need to understand how our spine and back work,
- An awareness of the most common moving and handling injuries,
- How healthcare workers can promote healthy back care,
- Recommended ergonomic approaches to risk assessments (LITE/TILE),
- Other moving and handling risk factors,
- The principles of safer moving and handling of people,
- Actions to take following a moving and handling risk assessment:
- The Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) ‘Numerical Guidelines for Lifting and Lowering Loads’,
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines for handling while seated, and
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) pushing and pulling guidelines.
- Key things to remember when team handling, and
- Moving and handling information sources (online manual handling learning resources).
What is manual handling of objects?
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations (MHOR) define manual handling as ‘any transporting or supporting of a load (including the lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving thereof) by hand or by bodily force’.
Why is manual handling of objects training essential?
Manual handling is a vital part of the working day for most employees; from moving equipment, laundry, catering, supplies or waste to assisting residents in moving.
Poor moving and handling practice can lead to:
- Back pain and musculoskeletal disorders, which can lead to the inability to work,
- Moving and handling accidents – which can injure both the person being moved and the employee, and
- Discomfort and a lack of dignity for the person being moved.
You must take action to prevent or minimise the risk of injury.
The most common injuries carers experience are back injuries. Injuring your back will limit your movement and your ability to care for someone. It could take a long time for you to recover. Lifting someone incorrectly can also damage fragile skin, cause shoulder and neck injuries, increase existing breathing difficulties, or cause bruising or cuts.
To complete this manual handling of objects e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our manual handling of objects training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this manual handling of objects e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online manual handling of objects training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your manual handling of objects e-learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your manual handling of objects online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase.
How to access your ‘manual handling of objects’ training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your manual handling of objects course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered, you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- The highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant person hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice
Manual handling of objects – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for all Sectors – Health & Safety Executive (HSE) Aligned Course