Mandatory Training for Nurses – 30 Online CPD Accredited Training Courses for Registered Nurses – Skills for Health CSTF & NMC Aligned E-Learning
Welcome to our online mandatory training for nurses package. Our online mandatory training for nurses package was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your mandatory training for nurses courses
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this online mandatory training package is to enable registered nurses to meet their mandatory training requirements in line Nursing and Midwifery Council and Skills for Health CSTF framework (whether it is induction, refresher training or as annual training update for nurses).
To that end, our mandatory and statutory modules for registered nurses are guided by the following:
- Standards set by the the Nursing and Midwifery Council and the Royal Medical Colleges
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidance for registered nurses in various clinical settings
- Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) guidance for nurses
- NHS frameworks’ guidance for nurses through recruitment and locum agencies
We have developed appropriate mandatory training packages for NMC registered nurses to meet the NHS quality standards and performance ratings. Our health and safety courses for NMC registered nurses help to reduce injuries and avoid subsequent claims due to negligence and malpractice, improve staff morale, provide safe and effective care and improve patient experience.
What is covered in this online mandatory training for nurses package?
This mandatory training for nurses e-learning package covers the following (you can select the modules that are relevant for your practice):
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Key Legislation and National Guidelines
- Understanding your Role and Responsibilities
- Criminal Convictions
- Fitness to Practice
- CSTF Health and Safety and Welfare, including:
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- Display Screen Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Waste Management
- Bullying and Harassment
- Stress Management
- CSTF Information Governance CSTF, including:
- Caldicott Principles
- Information Security
- Data Protection
- Record Management
- Counter Fraud
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- CSTF Conflict Resolution CSTF, including:
- Effective Communication
- Handling Violence & Aggression
- Managing Risk, Minimising Restraint
- Lone Workers
- Complaints Handling
- Consent Training
- CSTF Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- CSTF Safeguarding Adults Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Safeguarding Children Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Preventing Radicalisation Levels 1 & 2
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Mental Health Act
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Mental Health Awareness
- Dementia Awareness
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control LevelS 1 & 2, including:
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Exposure Prone Procedures
- Spillages and Body Fluids
- Sharps Management
- Clinical Waste Management
- Food Safety Awareness Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling Objects Level 1
- CSTF Moving and Handling of People Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Resuscitation – Basic Life Support (BLS) Levels 1 & 2, including:
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- First Response
You can choose the modules that are relevant to you practice.
Who is the online mandatory training for nurses package for?
All NMC registered nurses, whether part time or full time or locum nursing staff. This CPD accredited mandatory and statutory training package can be used for induction training or yearly refresher training (annual mandatory training updates for all nurses).
This mandatory training e-learning package is suitable for nurses in all sectors, including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online mandatory training for nurses courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These mandatory training for nurses packages are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this mandatory training for nurses e-learning package, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our accredited mandatory training for nurses packages are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this mandatory training for nurses e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online mandatory training for nurses e learning package has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your mandatory training for nurses e learning package to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your mandatory training for nurses online training courses, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is mandatory training for nurses?
Mandatory training is a requirement based upon the responsibility for registered nurses and nursing staff to work in a safe manner. The training modules in the mandatory training for nurses are appropriate in depth to the level of understanding needed.
Our statutory and mandatory training courses provide allied registered with interactive online training, end of courses assessments and downloadable and printable CPD accredited certificate. This enables NMC registered nurses to be compliant with their mandatory training requirements.
Why do nurses and nursing staff need mandatory & statutory training?
Our accredited online mandatory training package helps nurses and nursing staff to meet the statutory requirements of the NHS and private healthcare sector and NMC professional code of conduct. We are committed to keeping up to date with changes in relevant UK legislation, national directives and requirements on mandatory training programme to ensure that it reflects changing legal, risk and service requirements.
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online mandatory training for nurses ELearning package was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Mandatory Training for Nurses – 30 Online CPD Accredited Training Courses for Registered Nurses – Skills for Health CSTF & NMC Aligned E-Learning Courses