Mandatory Training for Healthcare Assistants – 30 Online Courses – UKCSTF Aligned E-Learning Courses.
Welcome to our mandatory training for healthcare assistants online training course for front-line healthcare and social care support workers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
These online mandatory training for healthcare assistants courses were developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Mandatory training for healthcare assistants
Study method – Online, self-paced (Approx. 30 minutes per module)
Course format – Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration – Part-time (1-year access)
Qualification – Certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones
Awarding Body – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
Who is the online mandatory training for healthcare assistants package for?
All health and social care workers, whether part-time or full time or locum healthcare assistant and other clinical support staff.
This mandatory training for healthcare assistants package can be used for induction training or yearly refresher training (annual mandatory training updates for healthcare and social care support workers) including:
- Healthcare Assistants
- Healthcare Support Workers
- Clinical Support Workers
- Health & Social Care Assistants
- Allied Healthcare Workers
- Healthcare Assistants
- Social Care Support Workers
- Health and social care workers in community settings
- Voluntary staff working in NHS and community settings.
This online mandatory training for healthcare assistants package has been designed for new and experienced healthcare and social care workers alike to meet the Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulatory requirements for all UK service providers.
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this online mandatory training for healthcare assistants package is to enable care healthcare and clinical support workers to meet their mandatory training requirements in line Health and Care Professions Council, Care Quality Commission and Skills for Health CSTF framework (whether it is induction, refresher training or as annual updates for healthcare and clinical support workers).
To that end, our mandatory and statutory modules for health and social care workers are guided by the following:
- Standards set by the Health and Care Professions Council and the Care Quality Commission
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidance for health and social care workers
- Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- CQC frameworks’ and guidance for mandatory training for healthcare support staff
We have developed appropriate mandatory training packages for clinical and healthcare support staff to meet the CQC quality standards and performance ratings. Our health and safety training courses for healthcare assistants help to reduce injuries and avoid subsequent claims due to negligence and malpractice, improve staff morale, provide safe and effective care and improve the patient experience.
*Each of the mandatory training for healthcare assistants modules provides essential and adequate detail as suggested by UK regulators (including the Care Quality Commission (CQC)).
The UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) sets out 11 statutory and mandatory training topics for all staff working in health and social care settings. The CSTF includes nationally agreed learning outcomes and training delivery standards across all healthcare and social care settings.
LearnPac Systems and The Mandatory Training Group have worked with a range of subject matter experts to develop high quality, statutory and mandatory e-learning training sessions, which address all the knowledge outcomes at level 1 and 2 and at level 3, where appropriate for e-learning.
These statutory and mandatory training courses sessions are suitable for all health and social care staff working across the various Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulated organisations, including NHS and private hospitals, mental health, care homes and domiciliary care providers.
It is the responsibility of individual health and social care employer organisations to ensure that their workforce complete the appropriate training to comply with their statutory and mandatory requirements. It is also an employer’s responsibility to determine the best mode of delivering the training, whether that is face-to-face, e-learning or a blended approach. The CSTF provides further guidance on this.
This mandatory training for healthcare assistants e-learning package meets the requirements of CQC regulated health and social care organisations.
What is covered in this online mandatory training package?
This mandatory training for healthcare assistants package provides essential training that is relevant in most social care and health-care settings as follows:
- Code of Professional Conduct for health and social care workers
- Key Legislation and National Guidelines
- Understanding your Role and Responsibilities
- Criminal Convictions
- Fitness to Practice
- CSTF Health and Safety and Welfare, including:
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Display Screen Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Waste Management
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- Bullying and Harassment
- Stress Management
- CSTF Information Governance CSTF, including:
- Caldicott Principles
- Information Security
- Data Protection
- Record Management
- Counter Fraud
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- CSTF Conflict Resolution CSTF, including:
- Effective Communication
- Handling Violence & Aggression
- Managing Risk, Minimising Restraint
- Lone Workers
- Complaints Handling
- Consent Training
- CSTF Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- CSTF Safeguarding Adults Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Safeguarding Children Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Preventing Radicalisation Levels 1 & 2
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Mental Health Act
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Mental Health Awareness
- Dementia Awareness
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control Levels 1 & 2, including:
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Exposure Prone Procedures
- Spillages and Body Fluids
- Sharps Management
- Clinical Waste Management
- Food Safety Awareness Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling Objects Level 1
- CSTF Moving and Handling of People Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Resuscitation – Basic Life Support (BLS) Levels 1 & 2, including:
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- First Response
You will be provided with all the individual mandatory and statutory training modules listed above. You can, however, choose the statutory and mandatory training modules that are most suited to your specific care environment.
If you are an agency health/care worker or locum, please check with your locum or care recruitment agency regarding the specific mandatory care training modules that you require to meet their compliance requirements.
What is mandatory training for healthcare assistants?
Mandatory training is a requirement based upon the responsibility for healthcare assistants and clinical support workers to work in a safe manner. The training modules in the mandatory training package for healthcare assistants are appropriate in depth to the level of understanding needed.
Our statutory and mandatory training courses provide all health and social care workers with interactive online training, end of courses assessments and downloadable and printable CPD accredited certificate. This enables health and social care workers to be compliant with their mandatory training requirements.
Why do healthcare assistants need mandatory and statutory training?
Our accredited online training package for healthcare assistants and clinical support workers helps support staff to meet the statutory requirements to meet CQC and professional codes of conduct. We are committed to keeping up to date with changes in relevant UK legislation, national directives and requirements on mandatory training programmes to ensure that they reflects changing legal, risk and service requirements.
Mandatory training for healthcare assistants – meeting employers’ legal obligations
Our online all in one mandatory training – 20 online courses e-learning bundle help health and social care employers and employees alike to fulfil their legislative duties. Our all in one mandatory training – 20 online courses modules provide the essential knowledge and understanding as required by regulatory authorities.
What are the benefits of the mandatory training for healthcare assistants package?
Health and social care workers and providers alike gain huge benefits from our mandatory training for healthcare assistants packages. Some of the benefits of our packaged mandatory training for healthcare assistants include:
- All the statutory and mandatory training courses you need to meet compliance requirements in one bundle
- Just pay one price and complete your statutory and mandatory training all in one day!
- Start your online training and finish in one go, or leave and pick up where you left off!
- Complete your statutory and mandatory training modules in your own time, anytime, anywhere
- Complete your mandatory online courses on any device, including desktop computers, tablets, laptops or even mobile phones
- Meet the CQC and NHS framework requirements for agency and locum workers
- Download, save print or email your certificates to your locum agency or employer
- Register for FREE modules and discounts for online CPD training courses.
Which mandatory training courses do I need to complete?
The majority of NHS Trusts, private healthcare providers, nursing agencies, locum and other health and social care agencies now insist that healthcare and social care professionals working in their organisations should complete mandatory and statutory training that is aligned to the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
All our core health and social care statutory and mandatory training modules are aligned to the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework (UKCSTF).
How do I book for the all in one day online statutory and mandatory training courses?
You can book for the mandatory training for healthcare assistants online. Just click ‘Buy Now’ in the top right-hand corner of this page to order your mandatory training courses online. Follow the instructions to complete the order.
Once you complete your online order, you will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. You will also receive a separate email providing you with the link to your mandatory training courses online and login details. You should then be able to access your online mandatory training portal immediately and complete your statutory and mandatory training modules.
Certification and Accreditation
On successful completion of each of the mandatory training for healthcare assistants modules, you will be able to download, save and/or print a quality assured CPD certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
The CPD Certification Service (CPDUK) accredits all of our online mandatory training for healthcare assistants bundle as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of each of these mandatory training for healthcare assistants modules, you will be required to complete an online assessment (pass mark of 80%).
If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry! You can take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Can the all in one day online mandatory training courses be used for NMC revalidation?
The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) now requires all registered nurses and midwives to complete ‘revalidation’ every three years. The NMC revalidation process for nurses and midwives requires registrants to provide evidence of their practice and that they have covered 40 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) over the preceding three-year period.
Registered nurses and midwives can use any of our mandatory training for healthcare assistants bundle as evidence of their CPD hours for NMC revalidation. Also, midwives and nurses can select from our wide range of online CPD courses and programs using the link below:
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework. This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide, clinical and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This mandatory training for healthcare assistants package was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why is Skills for Health aligned mandatory training essential?
This Skills for Health aligned practical mandatory training day and e-Learning courses are designed for health and social care workers who work in NHS hospitals, private hospitals and related settings. This includes nurses, doctors, allied health professionals and health and social care support workers, as well as locum doctors, agency nurses, support workers and healthcare assistants. This online mandatory training package has been designed for busy healthcare and social care professionals.
It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice. For those who have completed statutory and mandatory training before, this training package provides you with the critical legal and professional issues as specified in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
The Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework recommends that health and social care workers who do not have client facing roles may be required only to take some of these statutory and mandatory courses. Please check with your employer which courses you need. LearnPac Systems and The Mandatory Training Group will not be responsible if you take the wrong courses.
You will be provided with the optional statutory and mandatory training courses that are required for your area of work. You can, however, choose the mandatory training modules that are most suited to your specific clinical environment. If you are a locum doctor, agency worker or agency nurse, please check with your locum agency regarding the specific mandatory training modules you require to meet the compliance requirements.
You can also select from our wide range of individual CPD courses in our e-learning for the healthcare and social care course catalogue.
Why choose LearnPac Systems’ mandatory training e-learning courses?
The benefits of using LearnPac Systems’ as your e-learning provider include:
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An Ofqual approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Our content developer, trainers and assessors have approved qualifications and experience
- Mandatory and statutory training courses are aligned to the UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- Our regulatory and mandatory training courses are CPD Accredited and externally peer-reviewed
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- The highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees and other training-related expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant person hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- FREE CPD certificate printed on completion of the e-learning course
- Over 100 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessments
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice
- All our mandatory online courses have comprehensive assessments in line with Ofqual and CPD requirements.