Health & Safety – Health & Social Care – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Health & Social Care – Skills for Health Aligned ELearning
Welcome to our online health & safety training course for health and social care providers. Our online health & safety – health & social care training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your health & safety – health & social care training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your health & safety – health & social care course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this health & safety – health & social care training course are to:
- To provide the learner with an understanding of the key legislation regarding Health and Safety
- Provide an understanding of hazard spotting and risk assessments
- Enable learners to apply health and safety concepts to their work practice
- To provide an awareness of accident, incident and near miss reporting
- To provide essential health, safety and welfare at work training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online health & safety – health & social care course?
This health & safety – health & social care e-learning course covers the following:
- What is health and safety?
- Awareness of health and safety related accidents and ill-health
- Health and Safety in the workplace
- Legal responsibilities and requirements
- Awareness of health and safety policies and procedures
- Define and be aware of workplace hazards
- Define risk, accident and harm
- Relate health and safety concepts to your workplace environment
- Awareness of individual responsibilities to cooperate with employers
- Awareness of the consequences of incorrect use of equipment
- Risks associated with display screen equipment and other work aids
- Awareness of risk assessment procedures
- First aid requirements in the workplace
- Manual handling risks including slips, trips and falls
- Basic fire safety awareness and individual responsibilities
- Basic infection and prevention awareness, including personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The importance of self-awareness and awareness of work related stress
- Awareness of occupational health hazards in the workplace
- Basic lone working awareness
- RIDDOR (including April 2012 update)
- Accident Reporting and Record Keeping
- Waste management guidance including:
- The management of general waste
- The management and disposal of sharps
- Sharps Safety – sharps control measures and precautions
- Sharps Safety – sharps practices
- Sharps Safety – dealing with contaminated sharps
- What to do following a sharps injury
- Where to get further information on health, safety and welfare at work (additional online learning resources)
Who is the online health & safety – health & social care course for?
This health & safety – health & social care e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online health & safety – health & social care courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These health & safety – health & social care training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this health & safety – health & social care e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our health & safety – health & social care training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this health & safety – health & social care e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online health & safety – health & social care training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your health & safety – health & social care e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your health & safety – health & social care online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is health and safety?
Occupational safety and health, also commonly referred to as occupational health and safety, occupational health, or workplace health and safety, is a multidisciplinary field concerned with the safety, health, and welfare of people at work.
Why is health and safety training important for health & social care?
An awareness of health and safety is essential for those who provide health and social care services. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is the enforcing authority for workers in England, Scotland and Wales and also for patient and service users in Scotland and Wales.
In England, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) has responsibility for patient and service user health and safety for providers registered with them. From 1st April 2015, the Care Quality Commission took over the lead role for patient and service user health and safety in health and adult social care in England.
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online health & safety – health & social care course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Health & Safety – Health and Social Care – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Health & Social Care – Skills for Health Aligned ELearning Courses