Health and Safety Training – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Health & Safety Training Course – Health & Safety Executive (HSE) Compliant E-Learning
Welcome to our online health and safety training course for all sectors. Our online health and safety training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE), National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your health and safety training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this health and safety training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding health and safety
- To provide essential health and safety training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
- Be able to know and explain the main models for conflict resolution
By UK law, a basic knowledge of health and safety is essential for all employees in all industries to ensure that workplace risks are recognised and managed effectively.
This accredited Level 2 health and safety in the workplace training course is designed to provide employees with the requisite knowledge, or refresher training, needed in order provide a safe working environment within your organisation. This includes an understanding of legal responsibilities, accident prevention and an overview of some of the key areas of workplace health and safety.
What is covered in this online health and safety course?
This health and safety e-learning course covers the following:
- Understand why health and safety is important
- Be familiar with the common causes of workplace accidents
- Be aware of workplace hazards
- Know the common health and safety statistics
- Know the financial and human costs relating to health and safety
- Understand health and safety law, penalties and enforcement
- Be able to identify hazards and minimise risks in the workplace
- Know how to prevent accidents in the workplace
- Be aware of the accident reporting procedures
- Understand the RIDDOR regulations
- Understand the hierarchy of risk control
- Know basic fire safety procedures
- Know what to do and what not to do in the event of a fire
- Understand the different fire extinguishers and their functions
- Understand the importance of checking electrical equipment
- Be able to keep safe from electrical risks
- Know how to prevent slips, trips and falls
- Know how to avoid common health hazards
- Understand the importance of first aid in the workplace
- Understand the importance or personal protective equipment
- Be able to identify hazards and minimise manual handling risks
- Know the dangers of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Be able to minimise the risks of DSE equipment, noise and vibration
- Understand the dangers of working at height, confined spaces and pressure environments
Who is the online health and safety course for?
Everyone in the workplace, no matter the industry, is required to take sufficient and appropriate health and safety training. This Level 2 health & safety training course is suitable for workers of all abilities and is intended as a ‘foundation’ level course, designed to maintain learners’ health and safety knowledge.
To complete this health and safety e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our health and safety training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this management of health and safety e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online health and safety training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your management of health and safety e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your management of health and safety online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is health and safety?
Occupational safety and health, also commonly referred to as occupational health and safety, occupational health, or workplace health and safety, is a multidisciplinary field concerned with the safety, health, and welfare of people at work.
Why is health and safety training important?
Under Section 2 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers have a duty to provide training for their employees to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, their health and safety at work.
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 identify situations where health and safety training is particularly important, including:
- Training for new recruits.
- Training for when people change jobs or take on extra responsibilities.
- Training for young, more vulnerable employees.
- Refresher training where existing skills need updating.
The Health and Safety (Training for Employment) Regulations 1990 also state that learners doing work experience must be covered by health and safety law and so will also require training.
This online health and safety course ensures that you comply with these laws by providing an adequate level of information suitable for all employees.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Health and Safety Training – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Health & Safety Training Course – Health & Safety Executive (HSE) Compliant E-Learning Course