Food Safety + Food Hygiene Training – Level 2 – Online CPD Course – Food Safety & Food Hygiene Course for all Sectors – Food Standards Agency Compliant
Welcome to our ‘food safety/food hygiene’ online training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
They are also developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Who is this food safety/food hygiene course for?
This Level 2 ‘food safety/food hygiene’ course has been designed to help anyone who handles, prepares or serves food in the all sectors understand their legal responsibilities and know what constitutes best practice in regards to controlling food safety hazards, controlling temperatures, food storage, food preparation, personal hygiene and premises cleaning.
By law, all food handlers must have an understanding of the basic principles of food hygiene and know how to work safely to protect the food they sell from contamination.
The ‘food safety/food hygiene’ course provides learners with up-to-date food hygiene information using a range of written text, interactive exercises and video content to ensure learners thoroughly comprehend their food safety responsibilities.
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this ‘food safety/food hygiene’ training course are to provide the learner with a clear understanding of the current UK legislation and guidelines regarding food safety and food hygiene.
By the end of this ‘food safety/food hygiene’ course, learners will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Identify food hygiene hazards,
- Describe safe food practice
- Apply controls to achieve high standards of food hygiene,
- Explain the principles of food safety management systems, and
- Work in a way that is ethical for the consumer and fulfils your legal obligations as a food handler.
What is covered in this online ‘food safety/food hygiene’ course?
This ‘food safety/food hygiene’ e-learning course covers the following:
- An introduction to food safety legislation,
- Why it is essential for healthcare workers to be aware of food hygiene,
- The common food hazards,
- Problems relating to food contamination,
- How food contamination can be minimised,
- An awareness of common disease-causing bacteria and viruses,
- Importance of personal hygiene concerning food safety,
- Other personal hygiene considerations for food handlers,
- The importance of effective cleaning to minimise food hazards,
- Recommendations for keeping food safe,
- The importance of time and temperature about food safety,
- Top tips on safe handling and preparation of food.
Why is food safety/food hygiene training essential?
Food safety is a scientific discipline describing handling, preparation, and storage of food in ways that prevent foodborne illness. This includes several routines that should be followed to avoid potentially severe health hazards.
The European Union Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs requires all food handlers to be appropriately trained in how to carry out their roles safely. This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety e-learning course ensures that you comply with this legal responsibility by providing learners with a thorough introduction to the correct food handling practices. This CPD accredited E-Learning course is suitable for food handlers working in all sectors, including retail, health and social care, schools, nurseries and many others.
To complete this ‘food safety/food hygiene’ e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device.
Our ‘food safety/food hygiene’ training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area,
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD),
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals.
Assessment and certification
At the end of this ‘food safety/food hygiene’ e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online ‘food safety/food hygiene’ training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your ‘food safety/food hygiene’ e-learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your ‘food safety/food hygiene’ online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase.
How to access your ‘food safety/food hygiene’ training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered, you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3, Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online ‘food safety/food hygiene’ course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- The highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant person hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice