Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 – Online Training Course – Food Hygiene Training Course – CPD Accredited.
Welcome to our Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 online training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
This introductory Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training course gives an awareness of the hazards of handling low-risk food. Learners will gain an approved certificate, which ensures that anyone working in an environment where food is cooked, prepared or handled complies fully with current UK legislation.
This Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 course has been designed to educate those who do not work directly with preparing or handling food but work in an environment where food is dealt with elsewhere or who only work with low-risk foods. The course familiarises the learner with basic food hygiene practices so that they can work safely near food.
Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 Training Course – CPDUK Accredited E-Learning Course
Study method – Online, self-paced
Estimated duration (Indicative CPD hours) – 1 hour
Course format – Online (24/7 access)
Entry requirements – no prerequisites required
Assessment type – Complete end of course assessment (80% needed to pass and gain CPD certificate)
Certification/Qualification – Downloadable CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – Assessment and certification costs included in the course price
Course accreditation – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Course access – Part-time (1-year access)
Course delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones.
Who is the online Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training course for?
This Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services, including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff,
- Locum doctors and nurses,
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs),
- Agency nurses,
- Agency workers,
- Healthcare Assistants (HCAs),
- Support workers,
- Care assistants, and
- Community services.
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training course are to:
- To provide the learner with an adequate understanding of the legislation regarding food safety,
- To provide an awareness of common food hazards, and
- Provide the learners with tips on how to store, handle and prepare food safely.
On completion of this Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 online training course, the learner will:
- Have a good understanding of UK food safety legislation,
- Know why food safety awareness is essential for health and social care workers,
- Know the common food hazards,
- Understand the problems related to food contamination,
- Know how food contamination can be minimised,
- Have an awareness of common disease-causing bacteria and viruses,
- Be aware of the importance of personal hygiene concerning food safety,
- Know the importance of effective cleaning to minimise food hazards, and
- Know the importance of time and temperature of food safety.
What is covered in this online food safety course?
This Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 e-learning course covers the following:
- An introduction to food safety legislation,
- Why healthcare workers need to be aware of food hygiene,
- The common food hazards,
- Problems relating to food contamination,
- How food contamination can be minimised,
- An awareness of common disease-causing bacteria and viruses,
- Importance of personal hygiene concerning food safety,
- Other personal hygiene considerations for food handlers
- The importance of effective cleaning to minimise food hazards
- Recommendations for keeping food safe
- The importance of time and temperature concerning food safety
- Top tips on safe handling and preparation of food.
Why is Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training important?
Food safety is a scientific discipline describing handling, preparation, and storage of food in ways that prevent foodborne illness. This includes several routines that should be followed to avoid potential health hazards.
Food safety refers to the conditions and practices that preserve the quality of food to prevent contamination and food-borne illnesses. The Food Standards Agency (UK) educates consumers about the importance of safe food handling and how to reduce the risks associated with foodborne illness.
People need to understand how their behaviour and activities contribute to the safety of food and how they can decrease the risk of foodborne illness. From processes on the farm to practices in the kitchen, human activities play an essential role in food safety.
Food Safety Act 1990 – a guide for UK businesses
The Food Safety Act 1990 (as amended) provides the framework for all food legislation in Britain. The guidance is for all types of food business in England, Wales and Scotland. A similar law applies in Northern Ireland.
The primary responsibilities for all food businesses under the Act are to:
- Ensure you do not include anything in food, remove anything from food or treat food in any way which means it would be damaging to the health of people eating it
- Ensure that the food you serve or sell is of nature, substance or quality which consumers would expect
- Ensure that the food is labelled, advertised and presented in a way that is not false or misleading
The guidance takes account of amendments to the Act in the General Food Regulations 2004 and the Food Safety Act 1990 (Amendment) Regulations 2004.
How do I book for the online Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training course?
You can book for Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training course online. Just click ‘Buy Now’ in the top right-hand corner of this page to order the Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training course online. Follow the instructions to complete the order for your Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training course.
Once you complete your Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 online order, you will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. You will also receive a separate email providing you with the link to the Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training course online and login details. You should then be able to access the online Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training course portal immediately and complete your online training modules.
Certification and Accreditation
On successful completion of the online Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training course, you will be able to download, save and/or print a quality assured CPD certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
LearnPac Systems and The Mandatory Training Group have worked with a range of subject matter experts to develop high-quality online training courses and programmes. The CPD Certification Service (CPDUK) has peer-reviewed independently and accredited our online Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training course as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of the online Food Safety in Health and Care – Level 1 training course, you will be required to complete an online assessment (pass mark of 80%).
If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry! You can take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Why choose LearnPac Systems’ E-Learning courses?
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications including the following categories:
- Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
- Health, Safety and Welfare at Work
- Health and Social Care
- IT and Cyber Security
- Leadership and Management
- Mental Health Awareness
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Personal and Professional Development
- Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Soft Skills Development
- Train the Trainer
- Workplace Diversity.
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications. Contact our Support Team on 024 7610 0090 or via Email to discuss your online training requirements.