Fluids & Nutrition Training – Level 1 – Online CPD Accredited Course – Skills for Care & Skills for Health Aligned E-Learning Course – CQC Compliant
Welcome to our online fluids & nutrition training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online fluids & nutrition training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your fluids & nutrition training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this fluids & nutrition training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding the management of fluids and nutrition in health and social care settings
- To provide with and understanding of why fluids and nutrition management is essential in health and social care settings
- To provide essential fluids and nutrition training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online fluids and nutrition training course?
This fluids and nutrition e-learning course covers the following:
- An introduction into fluids and nutrition
- Food safety legislation
- Food allergens
- Food allergens and anaphylaxis
- Vulnerable people
- Food safety precautions
- Heath and well being
- Identifying poor nutrition and hydration
- Promoting adequate nutrition and hydration
- Assisting individuals with nutrition and hydration
- Other fluids and nutrition learning resources
Who is the online fluids & nutrition course for?
This fluids and nutrition e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online fluids and nutrition courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These fluids & nutrition training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this fluids and nutrition e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our fluids & nutrition training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this fluids & nutrition e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online fluids & nutrition training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your fluids & nutrition e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your fluids & nutrition online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
Why is fluids and nutrition & food safety important?
This fluids and nutrition e-learning course aims to provide health and social care staff with examples of how they can provide adequate hydration and nutrition for people in their care, including, in particular, the very young and older people.
The accredited ELearning course includes some examples of when people may need additional support with meals and hydration, and encourages staff to be mindful of their duty of care in this regard.
What we eat is vital to our health and well-being and how we look, feel and function. It is important that people have a diet that is safe to eat and has all the nutrients they need. Food safety is essential when preparing and handling food.
Not all substances and objects that can cause harm or illness can be seen. This means that people can become ill from eating food that tastes normal and looks safe. Whether you occasionally make someone a snack such as a sandwich, or are regularly involved in preparing meals, you should always make sure that the food is safe to eat.
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online fluids & nutrition course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Fluids & Nutrition Training – Level 1 – Online CPD Accredited Course – Skills for Care & Skills for Health Aligned E-Learning Course – CQC Compliant E-Learning