Fire Safety Training Course – Level 2 – Online Course – CPD Accredited E-Learning Course.
Welcome to our online fire safety training course for all sectors. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
This online fire safety training course is designed to provide employees with knowledge of the risks associated with workplace fires. It goes into detail about the causes of fire and what appropriate fire safety precautions and fire evacuation procedures should be in place in your business.
Knowledge on fire safety is incredibly essential, as failure to comply with government fire safety regulations could potentially lead to prosecution, fines or legal claims. Fire safety training is, therefore, compulsory for all organisations.
Who is the online fire safety training course for?
Under UK government legislation, all employees are required to take adequate fire safety training, regardless of the industry they work in. This online fire safety course provides suitable training for all levels of employees, including managers, supervisors, full-time and part-time staff. However, the information is also applicable to anyone who wishes to learn how to prevent fire in the workplace and deal with it effectively should it occur.
People in charge of fire risk assessments and fire evacuation procedures require fire warden training, as well as practical training in using firefighting equipment.
Employers are required to ensure that all new employees undergo fire safety training when they first start work and that existing employees have their training refreshed if a risk assessment identifies any new fire risks.
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this online fire safety training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding fire safety,
- Improve awareness of fire risks as well as individual responsibilities regarding fire safety, and
- To provide essential training resources in an engaging and meaningful way.
On completion of this online fire safety training course, learners will:
- Understand the key legislation involving fire safety,
- Understand the legal requirements for workplace safety,
- Understand how to help ensure their workplace complies with fire safety regulations,
- Understand the “Fire Triangle” and how it may be used,
- Be aware of the components and causes of fire,
- Understand everyone’s duties for eliminating or reducing fire risks in the workplace,
- Understand the necessity of a fire risk assessment,
- Know how to react in a fire and understand the different warning systems,
- Understand the importance of an evacuation plan and key evacuation legislation,
- Understand the different types of fire and what the causes may be,
- Understand which type of fire extinguishers to use,
- Be able to take steps to minimise the risk of a fire occurring,
- Recognise the actions that will be taken in the event of a fire, and
- Understand the importance of fire drills and evacuation policies and procedures.
What is covered in this online fire safety training course?
This online fire safety training course covers the following:
- Awareness of key legislation and the legal requirements relating to fire safety,
- Introduction to fire safety – the importance of fire safety awareness, the fire triangle, types of fire, fire safety law, and how is the law enforced,
- Fire safety responsibilities – employer duties, fire risk assessments, fire wardens, and employee duties,
- Fire detection, warning systems and how to use and react to them,
- Fire safety arrangements – good housekeeping, fire detection and warning systems, emergency routes and exits, fire safety signs, emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, and employee training,
- The different types of fire and what extinguishers can be used,
- Precautions to minimise the risk of fire, and
- Fire evacuation procedures – evacuation, personal emergency evacuation plans (PEEPs), and fire drills.
Why is fire safety training necessary?
UK employers are legally required under the Fire Safety Regulations (The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005) to provide information, instruction and training to employees about fire precautions in the workplace.
Fire is the probably the most significant risk threat to life that most people face at work, with around 50 people being killed and over 2000 seriously injured every year. To minimise the risk of fire in the workplace, it is vital that everyone is aware of the common causes of fire and the appropriate actions to take in the event of a fire, including how to escape safely from the scene.
This online fire safety training course is targeted at businesses needing to train their staff in fire safety procedures. However, it is also applicable to anyone who wishes to learn how to prevent fire in the workplace and deal with it effectively should it occur.
To complete this online fire safety training course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our online fire safety training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area,
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD), and
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals.
Assessment and certification
At the end of this online fire safety training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online fire safety training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your online fire safety training course to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your online fire safety training course, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase.
How to access your online fire safety training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered, you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- The highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant person hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice