Fire Marshal Training Course – Level 3 Online CPD Accredited E-Learning Course – Health & Safety Executive Aligned E-Learning Course
Welcome to our ‘fire marshal’ online training course for all sectors. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
Our online ‘fire marshal’ training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety
Who is the online fire marshal training course for?
Our comprehensive fire marshal training course is suitable for anyone who will be taking on the role of a fire warden or fire marshal within their organisation. Anyone at any level can complete this ‘fire marshal’ and no previous knowledge is required.
This fire marshal e-learning course covers both the basics and specifics of fire safety and what you need to do to comply with current UK law. Depending upon your workplace, your risk assessment may require you to supplement this course with practical training.
Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this fire marshal course are to:
- Outline the role and responsibilities of a fire marshal,
- Provide designated fire marshals with knowledge of the risks associated with workplace fires,
- Improve learner’s understanding of:
- Fire regulations and general fire precautions,
- Fire safety risk assessments and management,
- Fire safety precautions, and
- Evacuation procedures.
Upon completion of this fire marshal training course, the learner will have an improved understanding of:
- The role of a fire marshal in the workplace and related legal duties,
- Basic principles and classifications of fires,
- Heat transmission and how fires start and spread,
- How to carry out a fire risk assessment,
- Common causes of fires in the workplace,
- Control measures to minimise the risk of fire in the workplace,
- Structural measures that prevent fire and smoke from spreading,
- Fire detection, fire warning, and fire equipment,
- Legal requirements for fire plans, and
- Emergency evacuation procedures.
What is covered in this online fire marshal training course?
This fire marshal training course covers the following:
- Introduction to the role of the fire marshal
- Why fire safety is important;
- Fire safety law;
- Employer and employee duties;
- How to prepare well for your role.
- Understanding the mechanism of fire
- The fire triangle;
- Fire classes;
- Types of fire extinguishers
- Fire risk assessment
- What is a risk assessment?;
- Identifying fire hazards;
- Deciding who might be harmed;
- Evaluating risks;
- Recording and implementing findings;
- Reviewing and updating the assessment.
- Fire safety arrangements
- The fire plan;
- Fire detection and warning systems;
- Emergency routes and exits;
- Fire safety signs;
- Emergency lighting;
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs)
- Evacuation procedures
- Evacuation strategies;
- Your role during evacuations;
- Carrying out fire drills.
What does the fire marshal do?
The key duties of fire marshal include to:
- Assist in implementing and improving effective emergency procedures in your workplace,
- Help prevent emergencies by monitoring the adequacy of the fire risk control measures,
- Raise awareness with other staff about the fire hazards that exist in your workplace,
- Instruct workers in how to respond in an emergency,
- Lead the fire drills and real evacuation procedures – they must be familiar with all escape routes and exits from their designated area,
- Ensure all workers are accounted for during an evacuation, and
- Assist all people in the workplace should an emergency occur, including assisting people with special needs, e.g. helping someone in a wheelchair to evacuate.
Why is fire marshal training important?
Fire is probably the biggest risk to life that most people face at work, with around 50 people being killed and over 2000 seriously injured every year. To minimise the risk of fire in the workplace, it is vital that everyone is aware of the common causes of fire and the appropriate actions to take in the event of a fire, including how to escape safely from the scene.
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO), a responsible person within your organisation MUST carry out a fire risk assessment, produce a fire emergency plan, and implement and maintain a fire risk management system.
Our fire safety training courses have been designed to provide you, and your company, with the knowledge and understanding of fire safety required to ensure you meet your legal obligations.
To complete this fire marshal training course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our fire marshal training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this fire marshal training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that can be used to provide evidence for audit and compliance.
The content of this online fire marshal training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your fire marshal training course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your fire marshal training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase.
How to access your fire marshal training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your fire marshal training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Fire marshal Training Course – Level 3 Online CPD Accredited E-Learning Course – Health & Safety Executive Aligned E-Learning
Fire marshal Training Course