Facilitation Skills – Online Training Course – Developing Facilitation Skills – Develop Skills of an Effective Facilitator
Facilitation is often referred to as the new cornerstone of management philosophy. With its focus on fairness and creating an easy decision making process. Creating a comfortable environment through better facilitation will give participants a better understanding of what a good facilitator can do to improve any meeting or gathering.
|Study method – Online, self-paced (4-6 study hours)
Course format – Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration – Part-time (1-year access)
Qualification – CPD certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – CPD Accreditation Service (UK)
This facilitation skills e-learning course can help any organisation make better decisions. This elearning course will give participants an understanding of what facilitation is all about, as well as some tools that they can use to facilitate small meetings. A strong understating of how a facilitator can command a room and dictate the pace of a meeting will have participants on the road to becoming great facilitators themselves.
The objectives of this facilitation skills online course are to:
- Define facilitation and identify its purpose and benefits.
- Clarify the role and focus of a facilitator.
- Differentiate between process and content in the context of a group discussion.
- Provide tips in choosing and preparing for facilitation.
- Identify a facilitator’s role when managing groups in each of Tuckman and Jensen’s stages of group development: forming, storming, norming and performing.
- Identify ways a facilitator can help a group reach a consensus: from encouraging participation to choosing a solution.
- Provide guidelines in dealing with disruptions, dysfunctions and difficult people in groups.
- Define what interventions are, when they are appropriate and how to implement them
What’s covered in this course?
This online facilitation skills course covers the following:
|Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Understanding Facilitation
Module Three: Process vs. Content
Module Four: Laying the Groundwork
Module Five: Tuckman and Jensen”s Model of Team Development
Module Six: Building Consensus
|Module Seven: Reaching a Decision Point
Module Eight: Dealing with Difficult People
Module Nine: Addressing Group Dysfunction
Module Ten: About Intervention
Module Eleven: Intervention Techniques
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
What is facilitation?
Facilitation is any activity that makes an action or a process easy or easier. For example:
- Facilitation is used in business and organizational settings to ensure the designing and running of successful meetings and workshops.
- Neural facilitation in neuroscience, is the increase in postsynaptic potential evoked by a 2nd impulse.
- Ecological facilitation describes how an organism profits from the presence of another. Examples are nurse plants, which provide shade for new seedlings or saplings (e.g. using an orange tree to provide shade for a newly planted coffee plant), or plants providing shelter from wind chill in arctic environments.
Why choose our online training courses?
All our e-learning courses can be accessed on any electronic/computerised device.
- Study anywhere, in your own time and at your own pace!
- Easy to follow and understand
- Only 4-6 hours recommended study time
- 1-year access to course & learning materials
- Access your course anytime, anywhere & on any device
- Complete course on desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Additional references and downloadable materials available
- CPD accredited certification on completion
- The content of this online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- All our online courses are accredited and internationally recognised (UK CPD Accreditation Service)
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With our interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our full e-learning course catalogue or leadership and management courses and programs to find out more about our wide range of training courses and qualifications. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.