Documentation & Record Keeping – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Healthcare & Social Care – Meet Legal & Professional Requirements.
Welcome to our ‘documentation and record keeping’ online training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
They are also developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Course aims and objectives
The aims of this ‘documentation and record keeping’ e-learning course are to improve health and social care workers’ understanding of the legislative, regulatory and professional requirements for keeping medical/care records appropriately.
Doctors, nurses, midwives, allied health professionals and other health and social care support workers are required to keep clear and accurate records which are relevant to their practice. Patient health records also have a function in improving accountability and in so doing have a legal purpose in providing evidence of the practitioners’ involvement or interventions in relation to patients or clients.
The following information is applicable to all health and social care professionals with some aspects having particular relevance to advanced practitioners.
The learning outcomes of this documentation are record keeping training course are to:
- Explain why it is important to maintain good clinical/medical records,
- Understand your responsibilities for maintaining good clinical records,
- Explain what constitutes clinical records in practice,
- Understand the legal requirements for record keeping,
- For how long you should keep clinical records, and
- Understand how the Data Protection Act applies to your practice.
What is covered in this online documentation & record keeping course?
This documentation and record keeping e-learning course covers the following:
- Why are health records important?
- What are health records?
- Adequate health records
- Who can have access to health records?
- Charging for access to health records
- What counts as health records?
- How long should health records be kept?
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- Data protection principles
- Data protection terminology
- The Data Protection act 1998 rights of data subjects
- Storage, security, and disposal of health records
- References and online learning resources
Who is the online documentation & record keeping course for?
This documentation & record keeping e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare Assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online documentation & record keeping courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These documentation & record keeping training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this documentation & record keeping e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our documentation & record keeping training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this documentation & record keeping e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online documentation & record keeping training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your documentation & record keeping e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your documentation & record keeping online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
Why is documentation and record keeping training important?
All healthcare and social care workers should understand the importance of good record-keeping. Comprehensive records are essential in healthcare and all staff need to dedicate time to documentation.
Professional organisations such as the General Medical Council (GMC); Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) highlight good record keeping as an integral part of practice and essential to the provision of safe and effective care. They acknowledge that good record keeping has a range of important functions including:
- improving communication between healthcare professionals
- supporting delivery and continuity of patient care
- demonstrating clinical judgements and decision making
- identifying risk for patients
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online documentation & record keeping course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Documentation & Record Keeping – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Healthcare & Social Care Professional – Meet Legal & Professional Requirements