Dementia Awareness Training – Level 1 – Online Training Course – CPDUK Accredited – UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) Aligned.
Welcome to our dementia awareness online training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
All organisations that work with or come into contact with children should have adequate safeguarding policies and procedures to ensure that every child, regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation, has a right to equal protection from harm.
Setting up and following good safeguarding policies and procedures means children are safe from adults and other children who might pose a risk. This includes voluntary and community organisations, faith groups, private sector providers, as well as schools, hospitals and sports clubs.
Dementia Awareness Training Course – CPDUK Accredited E-Learning Course
Study method – Online, self-paced
Estimated duration (Indicative CPD hours) – 1 hour
Course format – Online (24/7 access)
Entry requirements – no prerequisites required
Assessment type – Complete end of course assessment (80% needed to pass and gain CPD certificate)
Certification/Qualification – Downloadable CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – Assessment and certification costs included in the course price
Course accreditation – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Course access – Part-time (1-year access)
Course delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones.
Who is the online dementia awareness training course for?
This online Dementia Awareness training course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services, including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare Assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Community services
- Allied Healthcare Workers
- Healthcare Assistants
- Social Care Support Workers
- Voluntary Staff working in the NHS.
Course aims and objectives
This Dementia Awareness training course is aimed at individuals as well as health and social care staff to improve awareness of the importance of interacting with people who have dementia in a sensitive and understanding manner. This Dementia Awareness e-learning course explains what dementia is, including the changes and symptoms and best practice for those who have caring roles.
On completion of this online Dementia Awareness training course, the learner will be able to understand:
- Define the term ‘dementia’,
- Have an awareness of the prevalence of dementia in the UK population,
- Identify signs of dementia and also explain how these signs may be associated with other conditions or circumstances,
- Explain why early diagnosis of dementia is essential,
- Support people who have dementia so that they can live fulfilling lives with their diagnosis,
- understand that each individual is unique and that dementia will not affect people in precisely the same way,
- Have an understanding of the impact of dementia on individuals living with dementia, their families, friends and society as a whole,
- Describe the changes that people with dementia and their families experience,
- Explain the many factors which influence the experience of living with dementia,
- Describe person-centred approaches to caring,
- Understand the importance of effective communication and showing compassion to people who have dementia,
- How to care for someone who is displaying challenging behaviour,
- The role of medication in dementia care,
- The fundamental principles of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS),
- Understand that signs of frustration and distress by a person who has dementia may be a means to communicate unmet needs,
- Be able to signpost individuals, families and carers to dementia advice, support and information, and
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses.
What is covered in this online dementia awareness training course?
This online Dementia Awareness training course covers the following:
- Introduction to dementia,
- Dementia facts,
- What is dementia?
- Anatomy of the brain,
- What causes dementia,
- Symptoms of dementia,
- Types of dementia,
- How the brain is affected by dementia,
- Early diagnosis of dementia,
- Person-centred dementia care,
- Care planning,
- Dementia and existing health conditions,
- Dementia effects on family and friends,
- The role of friends and relatives in dementia care,
- Changes brought about by dementia,
- Positive aspects,
- Building relationships,
- Equality and diversity in dementia,
- Later symptoms and behaviour change,
- Changing attitudes,
- The Mental Capacity Act (MCA),
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS),
- Recognise and help prevent abuse,
- Where to get support and
What is dementia?
Dementia is not a disease in itself. Dementia is a word used to describe a group of symptoms that occur when brain cells stop working correctly.
This happens inside specific areas of the brain, which can affect how you think, remember and communicate. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common cause of dementia, but there are other types of dementia too. It is possible to have more than one type of dementia at the same time. Alzheimer’s is sometimes seen with vascular dementia or dementia with Lewy bodies. You might hear this called ‘mixed dementia’.
Why is this Dementia Awareness training course important?
Dementia awareness training provides an opportunity for a greater understanding of dementia and enables trained staff to build relationships and offer practical help through person-centred care.
By taking our online Dementia Awareness training course, you will refresh your existing knowledge of dementia and ensure you have relevant, up to date information to provide essential support and care to people living with dementia and their families.
How do I book for the online Dementia Awareness training course?
You can book for Dementia Awareness training course online. Just click ‘Buy Now’ in the top right-hand corner of this page to order the Dementia Awareness training course online. Follow the instructions to complete the order for your Dementia Awareness training course.
Once you complete your Dementia Awareness online order, you will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. You will also receive a separate email providing you with the link to the Dementia Awareness training course online and login details. You should then be able to access the online Dementia Awareness training course portal immediately and complete your online training modules.
Certification and Accreditation
On successful completion of the online Dementia Awareness training course, you will be able to download, save and/or print a quality assured CPD certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All learning materials are designed in collaboration with The Mandatory Training Group, the leading UK providers of workforce development solutions for all sectors.
LearnPac Systems and The Mandatory Training Group have worked with a range of subject matter experts to develop high-quality online training courses and programmes. The CPD Certification Service (CPDUK) has peer-reviewed independently and accredited our online Dementia Awareness training course as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of the online Dementia Awareness training course, you will be required to complete an online assessment (pass mark of 80%).
If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry! You can take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Why choose LearnPac Systems’ E-Learning courses?
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications including the following categories:
- Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
- Health, Safety and Welfare at Work
- Health and Social Care
- IT and Cyber Security
- Leadership and Management
- Mental Health Awareness
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Personal and Professional Development
- Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Soft Skills Development
- Train the Trainer
- Workplace Diversity.
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications. Contact our Support Team on 024 7610 0090 or via Email to discuss your online training requirements.