COSHH Online Training Course – Level 2 – CPD Accredited E-Learning – Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Training Course
Welcome to our COSHH online training course for all sectors. Our COSHH online training courses are developed in line with the Health and Safety Executive and current UK legislation. Despite common misconceptions, hazardous substances can affect anyone within the workplace, not just those who handle them regularly. This COSHH online training course gives workers knowledge of the health risks surrounding work with hazardous substances, including how to undertake a COSHH assessment by identifying the risks and the control measures required, and ensure that they understand how to work safely with hazardous substances.
How to access your COSHH online training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your COSHH online training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
What is covered in this COSHH online training course?
The COSHH e-learning course covers the following:
- An introduction to COSHH, including:
- What is a substance hazardous to health and where do they exist?
- Common hazardous substances
- How substances result in ill-health
- Health and Safety Executive statistics and benefits of COSHH
- COSHH Legal Regulations including:
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- The CLP regulations
- ACoPs and guidance notes
- Enforcement of health and safety law
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Problems that result from hazardous substances
- Common health hazards
- The occupations most at risk
- COSHH routes of entry
- Common health problems including dermatitis, asthma
- What to do if you develop symptoms
- Reporting Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Identifying hazardous substances
- Requirements for chemical labelling
- Safety data sheets
- Safe use of flammable substances, liquids, dusts and gases
- Asthma-causing substances
- Asbestos and lead
- COSHH risk assessment and control measures
- Identifying the COSHH hazards
- Deciding who might be harmed and how
- Evaluating the COSHH risks
- Substance substitution
- Principles of good control practice
- Hierarchy of control measures
- Work processes and equipment
- Personal protective equipment
- Safe systems of work
- The provision for emergencies and first aid
- Monitoring the assessment and health surveillance
- Recording findings
- Reviewing and updating the assessment
- Monitoring the assessment
- Health surveillance
- Workplace Exposure Limits (WELS)
Who should take this COSHH online training course?
This COSHH training course provides suitable training for all levels of employees who work, or may come into contact with, hazardous substances in the workplace (across all sectors). The law requires that all employees must have the necessary knowledge to be competent and do their jobs safely. This includes, but is not limited to, people who work in professions such as:
- Healthcare & social care
- Catering and baking
- Beauty and hairdressing
- Vehicle repair and painting
- Offshore oil and gas
To complete this COSHH online training course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our COSHH online training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this COSHH online training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that can be used to provide evidence for audit and compliance.
The content of this COSHH online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your COSHH online training course to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your COSHH online training course, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is COSHH?
COSHH is the law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health. You can prevent or reduce workers exposure to hazardous substances by:
- finding out what the health hazards are;
- deciding how to prevent harm to health (risk assessment);
- providing control measures to reduce harm to health;
- making sure they are used ;
- keeping all control measures in good working order;
- providing information, instruction and training for employees and others;
- providing monitoring and health surveillance in appropriate cases;
- planning for emergencies.
Most businesses use substances, or products that are mixtures of substances. Some processes create substances. These could cause harm to employees, contractors and other people.
Why do businesses need to comply with COSHH?
Do You Comply With the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002?
Under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002, regulation 12 states that ‘every employer who undertakes work which is liable to expose an employee to a substance hazardous to health shall provide that employee with suitable and sufficient information, instruction and training.’ Employees also have a legal responsibility to co-operate fully with their employer in order to enable them to meet their legal obligations.
By providing effective COSHH training, employers can help to ensure that everyone in the workplace is competent to carry out their work safely. Managers, supervisors and other members of staff should be able to recognise the hazards posed by their work, be able to take action to reduce or eliminate the risks and understand how to follow procedures.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
COSHH Online Training Course – Level 2 – CPD Accredited E-Learning – Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Training Course – COSHH Online Training Course
Submit your review
Covers all aspect of safety
This is very educative.
Able to rereview content
Ease of use
First on line course experience proved to be good