Cerebral Palsy Online Training Course – Level 2 E-Learning Course – Meet Current Guidance and Best Practice.
Welcome to our cerebral palsy online training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our cerebral palsy online training course are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines, Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your cerebral palsy online course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your cerebral palsy online training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
On completion of this cerebral palsy online training course, you will be able to:
- explain what cerebral palsy is
- describe the different types of cerebral palsy
- identify what causes the condition and when it occurs
- list the secondary conditions and impairments that may be associated with cerebral palsy
- understand the benefits to all concerned of an early diagnosis
- explain what is meant by the medical and social models of disability
- choose the more effective model for the support of people with cerebral palsy
- understand how physical therapists play an important role in a person’s support network
- define MDVI and suggest ways of helping and reassuring people with visual impairments
- describe person-centered planning and outline its benefits
- understand people’s rights in terms of communication
- identify ways of helping people to communicate based on their capabilities
- describe augmentative and alternative methods of communicating
- explain what communication books, passports and VOCAs are
- understand the importance of the legislation which protects and supports people with disabilities.
What is covered in this cerebral palsy online course?
This cerebral palsy online training course covers the following:
- Why is cerebral pasly awareness training important?
- UK cerebral palsy and disability statistics
- Impacts of cerebral palsy
- Relevant legislation
- What is cerebral palsy?
- Types of cerebral palsy
- Spastic cerebral palsy
- Athetoid cerebral palsy
- Ataxic cerebral palsy
- Mixed cerebral palsy
- Other definitions
- Hemiplegia and displegia
- Monoplegia and quadriplegia
- Cerebral palsy life expectancy
- Factors affecting life expectancy
- How to improve life expectancy
- Cerebral palsy complications
- Symptoms of cerebral palsy
- Movement and development problems
- Severity of symptoms
- Causes of cerebral palsy
- Problems before birth
- Problems during or after birth
- Cerebral palsy risk factors
- Cerebral palsy diagnosis
- Examination and checks
- Brain scans
- Other tests for cerenral palsy
- Treatment of cerebral palsy
- Care planning and record keeping
- What should a care plan set out?
- Care and support
- Physiotherapy interventions
- Occupational therapy interventions
- Speech therapy
- Awareness of medications
- Swallowing difficulties
- Treatments for swallowing difficulties
- Treatments for drooling
- Living with cerebral palsy
- Support with activities of daily living
- Outlook for cerebral palsy
- Optimising life expectancy outcomes
- Person centred-care
- Care plan goals
- Symptom management
- Getting additional help and support
- Additional resources and references
Who is the cerebral palsy online training course for?
This cerebral palsy online training course should be completed by those who work in healthcare and social care services and caregivers.
This cerebral palsy online training course is aimed at health and social care staff who may:
- be new to cerebral palsy care, for example rotational staff or those new in post
- wish to refresh/extend their existing cerebral palsy knowledge and skills
- be community based with a mixed pathology case load including cerebral palsy
- have limited access to other cerebral palsy specific training
The comprehensive cerebral palsy course may also be accessed by patients, carers and other members of the general public.
To complete this cerebral palsy online training course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our cerebral palsy online training course are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this cerebral palsy online training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that can be used to provide evidence for audit and compliance.
The content of this cerebral palsy online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your cerebral palsy online training course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your cerebral palsy online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is cerebral palsy?
Cerebral palsy is the name for a group of lifelong conditions that affect movement and co-ordination, caused by a problem with the brain that occurs before, during or soon after birth.
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This cerebral palsy online training course was developed in line with the Ofqual RQF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice.
Cerebral Palsy Online Training Course – Level 2 – E-Learning Course –
Cerebral Palsy Online Training Course – Level 2 – E-Learning Course.