Care Certificate Standard 3 (Duty of Care) – Online Training Course – CPDUK Accredited – UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) Aligned.
Welcome to our online Care Certificate Standard 3 (Duty of Care) training course for front-line healthcare and social care support workers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
The “duty of care” refers to the obligations placed on people to act towards others in a certain way, following specific standards.
The term is sometimes used to cover both legal and professional duties that health care practitioners may have towards others, but there are distinctions between the two.
Care Certificate Standard 3 Training Course – CPDUK Accredited E-Learning Course
Study method – Online, self-paced
Estimated duration (Indicative CPD hours) – 2 hours
Course format – Online (24/7 access)
Entry requirements – no prerequisites required
Assessment type – Complete end of course assessment (80% needed to pass and gain CPD certificate)
Certification/Qualification – Downloadable CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – Assessment and certification costs included in the course price
Course accreditation – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Course access – Part-time (1-year access)
Course delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones.
Who is the online Care Certificate Standard 3 training course for?
This Care Certificate Standard 3 (Duty of Care) e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services, including:
- New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles,
- New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles, and
- Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support.
This Care Certificate Standard 3 (Duty of Care) e-learning course will also be useful for:
- Staff moving into new roles within their organisation,
- Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff,
- NHS nursing, AHP and care staff,
- Agency care workers,
- Healthcare assistants (HCAs),
- Support workers,
- Care assistants, and
- Community services.
Course aims and objectives
This Care Certificate Standard 3 (Duty of Care) training course helps health and social care workers to understand their legal responsibilities to those they provide care.
You have a duty of care to all those receiving care and support in your workplace. This means promoting well being and making sure that people are kept safe from harm, abuse and injury. Duty of care is a legal requirement; you cannot choose whether to accept it. It applies as soon as someone has care or treatment. Breaking this duty, for example, through negligence, could result in legal action.
On completion of this Care Certificate Standard 3 (Duty of Care) online training course, the learner will have an improved understanding of the following:
- What is the duty of care?
- Duty of care in practice,
- Raising concerns,
- Supporting independence,
- Supporting people to make decisions,
- Mental capacity and decision making
- Comments and complaints,
- Complaints handling process,
- Incidents, errors and near misses,
- Legislation – incident reporting,
- Managing Conflict in the workplace, and
- Handling challenging behaviour in the workplace.
What is covered in this online care certificate standard 3 training course?
This online Care Certificate Standard 3 (Duty of Care) training course covers the following:
- Understand how duty of care contributes to safe practice
- Define the ‘duty of care.’
- Describe how the duty of care affects their work role
- Understand the support available for addressing dilemmas that may arise about duty of care
- Describe difficulties that may arise between the duty of care and an individual’s rights
- Explain what they must and must not do within their role in managing conflicts and dilemmas
- Explain where to get additional support and advice about how to resolve such difficulties
- Deal with Comments and complaints
- Demonstrate how to respond to comments and complaints in line with legislation and agreed on ways of working
- Describe who to ask for advice and support in handling comments and complaints
- Explain the importance of learning from comments and complaints to improve the quality of service
- Deal with Incidents, errors and near misses
- Describe how to recognise adverse events, incidents, errors and near misses
- Explain what they must and must not do about adverse events, incidents, errors and near misses
- List the legislation and agreed on ways of working concerning reporting any adverse events, incidents, errors and near misses
- Deal with confrontation and difficult situations
- List the factors and difficult situations that may cause confrontation
- Describe how communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood or impact of confrontation
- Describe how to assess and mitigate risks in confrontational situations
- Demonstrate how and when to access support and advice about resolving conflicts
- Explain the agreed ways of working for reporting any confrontations
What is covered in the care certificate standard 3?
The “duty of care” refers to the obligations placed on people to act towards others in a certain way, under specific standards. The term is sometimes used to cover both legal and professional duties that health care practitioners may have towards others, but there are distinctions between the two.
Why is this care certificate standard 3 training course important?
Your duty of care is also to other workers, for example, in a hospital, to doctors, nurses and healthcare support workers but also to caterers, cleaners and maintenance workers. If you are a home care worker, you will probably work alone in a variety of homes, but there may well be other people on the premises, as well as whoever you are there to support. Your duty of care is to each individual and to the other workers you come into contact within the community.
The duty of care is part of the code of conduct for healthcare support workers and adult social care workers in England and will most likely also be in your job description. It is essential that you have the knowledge and skills to act on your duty of care in your role but that you don’t work beyond it.
How do I book for the online Care Certificate Standard 3 training course?
You can book for Care Certificate Standard 3 (Duty of Care) training course online. Just click ‘Buy Now’ in the top right-hand corner of this page to order the Care Certificate Standard 3 training course online. Follow the instructions to complete the order for your Care Certificate Standard 3 training course.
Once you complete your Care Certificate Standard 3 online order, you will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. You will also receive a separate email providing you with the link to the Care Certificate Standard 3 training course online and login details. You should then be able to access the online Care Certificate Standard 3 training course portal immediately and complete your online training modules.
Certification and Accreditation
On successful completion of the online Care Certificate Standard 3 training course, you will be able to download, save and/or print a quality assured CPD certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All learning materials are designed in collaboration with The Mandatory Training Group, the leading UK providers of workforce development solutions for all sectors.
LearnPac Systems and The Mandatory Training Group have worked with a range of subject matter experts to develop high-quality online training courses and programmes. The CPD Certification Service (CPDUK) has peer-reviewed independently and accredited our online Care Certificate Standard 3 training course as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of the online Care Certificate Standard 3 (Duty of Care) training course, you will be required to complete an online assessment (pass mark of 80%).
If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry! You can take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Why choose LearnPac Systems’ E-Learning courses?
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications including the following categories:
- Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
- Health, Safety and Welfare at Work
- Health and Social Care
- IT and Cyber Security
- Leadership and Management
- Mental Health Awareness
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Personal and Professional Development
- Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Soft Skills Development
- Train the Trainer
- Workplace Diversity.
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications. Contact our Support Team on 024 7610 0090 or via Email to discuss your online training requirements.