Bullying and Harassment at Work – Level 2 – Online Course – CPD Accredited Bullying and Harassment Training Course.
Welcome to our bullying and harassment at work online training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers. All our online training courses, programmes and qualifications are accredited by the CPD Certification Service (CPDUK).
These online training courses are also developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies in line with UK employment law.
Bullying and harassment at work online training course
Study method – Online, self-paced
Course format – Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration – Part-time (1-year access)
Qualification – CPD certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones
Awarded Body – CPD Accreditation Service (UK)
Anticipated duration (Indicative CPD hours) – 2 hours.
Who is the online bullying and harassment at work training course for?
This comprehensive bullying and harassment at work online training course is suitable for all employees, as well as employers, HR staff, managers, and supervisors who are responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of staff and have a duty to proactively prevent workplace bullying and harassment.
Course aims and objectives
This bullying and harassment at work training course explores the difference between bullying and harassment, outlines the current UK laws that protect workers from harassment, and the laws that make tackling bullying a statutory duty for employers.
Bullying and harassment in the workplace takes many forms. It may sometimes be covert and insidious or a one-off blatant incident. Whichever way it manifests, bullying and harassment in the workplace are always unacceptable. This online bullying and harassment at work course will help workers and managers alike to recognise the various forms of bullying and harassment and understand their responsibilities in line with UK law.
By the end of this bullying and harassment at work training course, learners will have met the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the meaning of bullying and harassment,
- Understand the difference between bullying and harassment,
- Recognise the overt and covert signs of workplace bullying and harassment,
- Be aware of their responsibilities with regards to bullying and harassment,
- Know the organisational responsibilities to carry out a risk assessment and to implement control measures that will reduce and eliminate risks,
- Recognise the effects that bullying and harassment have on the individual, those who witness it, and on the organisation
- Know how to prevent bullying and harassment
- Know where to find help.
What is covered in this online bullying and harassment at work training course?
This workplace bullying and harassment training course covers the following:
- An introduction to workplace bullying and harassment, including;
- Definitions of bullying and harassment,
- Examples of workplace bullying and harassment,
- The impact of bullying and harassment and how they affect staff and the organisation,
- How and where bullying and harassment happens,
- The law relating to bullying and harassment and the law,
- Types of harassment and bullying,
- Types of discrimination and protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
- Recognition of what is not bullying and harassment and;
- The risk factors that lead to bullying,
- Individual and organisational culture in relation to bullying and harassment,
- How to develop a healthy culture with fellow employees,
- Individual and organisational responsibilities.
- Guidelines and procedures including;
- Local bullying and harassment policies,
- Local management Standards and codes of professional standards,
- Informal and formal measures, formal complaints procedures, mediation, constructive dismissal and employment tribunals.
- Organisational responsibilities to support employees, including;
- Reasonable steps that must be taken to protect and support employees who are at risk of bullying,
- Handling complaints, providing advice, confidentiality, counselling, rehabilitation, sickness absences, return to work interviews and fit to work notes,
- Where and how to get help and support.
Why is bullying and harassment at work training important?
What is workplace bullying?
Workplace bullying is a persistent pattern of mistreatment from others in the workplace that causes either physical or emotional harm. It can include such tactics as verbal, nonverbal, psychological, physical abuse and humiliation. This type of workplace aggression is particularly difficult because, unlike the typical school bully, workplace bullies often operate within the established rules and policies of their organization and their society.
In the majority of cases, bullying in the workplace is reported as having been by someone who has authority over their victim. However, bullies can also be peers, and occasionally subordinates.
What is harassment?
Workplace harassment is the belittling or threatening behaviour directed at an individual worker or a group of workers. Recently, matters of workplace harassment have gained interest among practitioners and researchers as it is becoming one of the most sensitive areas of effective workplace management.
In Asian countries, it attracted lots of attention from researchers and governments since the 1980s, because a significant source of work stress is associated with aggressive behaviours at the workplace.
To complete this bullying and harassment at work e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our workplace bullying and harassment online training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this bullying and harassment at work training e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that can be used to provide evidence for audit and compliance.
The content of this online workplace bullying and harassment training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your workplace bullying and harassment e-learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your workplace bullying and harassment online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase.
How to access your bullying and harassment at work training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your bullying and harassment at work training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- The highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice