The importance of Coping with a stressful incident – Online Course.
Stress is an unfortunate but often unavoidable side effect of our busy lives. Having online training for managing stress is a good way to combat its physical, mental, and emotional impact. You’ll find an excellent experience to do just that this year. Learnpac e-Learning stands out for their active online course to educate, inspire, and empower people looking for stress relief.
What is Coping with Stress Online Course?
Coping with stressful incident training at work is intended to help staff cope with this and recognise when they need further help and what to expect from the organisation if they experience or series of incidents at work.
Why is coping with stress training important?
Coping with stressful incidents course will helps learners understand how to deal with a stressful incident within the workplace or at home. The course gives learnings on how to effectively manage stressful incidents. The learners know what is meant by a stressful incident at work you will able to understand why it is important to seek help and support. You will also understand how people react to stressful incidents. You will be aware of the potential impact of repeated stressful events/incidents. Then you will also aware of the common thoughts and feelings that may be experienced following a stressful event/incident. You will aware of the effects of those reactions on how work, friends and family. You will understand the different ways of coping with stressful event/incident. Furthermore, you will know what to do and what not to do. And you will know when & where to seek professional help and support.
Impact of stressful Incidents
- Worn Down by the events that have been taking place.
- Changing constant feelings and emotions
- Fearing and shame of something
- Occurring guilt in an inappropriate time
- Anger and sadness without knowing why
- Loss of concentration at work
What is a stressful incident at work?
The stressful incident is a condition caused by acute stress which overwhelms a staff person trained to deal with critical incidents such as within the line of duty for first responders. It is a reaction to such situations that are unpredictable. The condition is caused by PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
What is PTSD or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
It is a work-related activity such as attempting resuscitation or experiencing violence, physical or verbal aggression that can be a disturbing experience. Everyone who experienced such a traumatic event will suffer Post Traumatic Stress.
Symptoms of PSTD Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Flashbacks and nightmares
- Numbing and avoidance
- Being on guard all the time
- Loss of sexual drive
- Eating habits
Other symptoms of a work-related stress
- Muscular tension
- Heart palpitations
- Sleeping difficulties such as Insomnia
- Gastrointestinal upsets, such as diarrhoea or constipation.
- Dermatological disorders.
What to do and what not to do.
- Express your emotions
- Take opportunities to talk through the experience with others
- Be a part of the group of the people who care
- Take time to sleep, rest and don’t overthink
- Express your needs clearly
- Try to keep your life as normal as possible
- Be more careful – Sometimes at this moment accidents are more usually occur because you have less concentration at this moment
- Distinguish what is your physiological sign of stress
- Prevent and oppose stressful situations by taking a rest and a deep breath
Not to do
- Restrain your emotions/feelings
- Avoid talking about what happen
- Don’t let your embarrassment take you down instead give others a chance to talk
- Do not overuse alcohol and smoke
- Neglect the reason you feel stress
- Let the negative voice in your head spiral out of control – talk to yourself in a logical and gentle tone
Why choose LearnPac E-Learning courses?
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications including the following categories:
- Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
- Health, Safety and Welfare at Work
- Health and Social Care
- IT and Cyber Security
- Leadership and Management
- Mental Health Awareness
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Personal and Professional Development
- Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Soft Skills Development
- Train the Trainer
- Workplace Diversity.
LearnPac Systems is a leading UK provider of accredited online training courses, programmes and qualifications. Contact our Support Team on 024 7610 0090 or via Email to discuss your online training requirements.